Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Freddie Simmonds, Harry Howell, Cristiano Anah - UEFA Development Tournament

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes, I got it that 'a club U16' wasn't referring to us - but I didn't realise the age cut off dates were different for club and country. I thought our U21s out on loan, or in the squad but don't have to be named, were U21s due to their age on the relevant 1st. January - or does the rule variation only apply to the younger groups (corresponding to the school years)?
Yes, the PL uses a date of 1 January for the U-21 age qualification, so it means that players that have been in the same age group all the way through from U-9s will then get split (the older ones who were born between September 1 and December 31 will now have to be named in the 25-man squad and the younger ones born between January 1 and August 31 will get a further year of not having to be named).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, the PL uses a date of 1 January for the U-21 age qualification, so it means that players that have been in the same age group all the way through from U-9s will then get split (the older ones who were born between September 1 and December 31 will now have to be named in the 25-man squad and the younger ones born between January 1 and August 31 will get a further year of not having to be named).
Thanks again. No more questions. Relax! :thumbsup: :)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-15 Cristiano Anah made his international debut today when he started for the Italian U-16s in their 3-1 victory over Belgium in the UEFA Development Tournament at the Pinatar Arena in Spain:-

CAnahItaly-1U16.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Those lads look older than 16, blimey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here