Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four teenagers started v Chelsea

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Massive if, considering there are reportedly a number of clubs, including city in the hunt
It’s just an illustration that signings in January can come in from Day 1. And yes I’m sure other teams want players Albion are interested in / doesn’t mean we don’t sign them including Man City. But you’re half empty - fair enough !!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It’s just an illustration that signings in January can come in from Day 1. And yes I’m sure other teams want players Albion are interested in / doesn’t mean we don’t sign them including Man City. But you’re half empty - fair enough !!
No.

I'm saying we can't rely on getting the signings in that we want at the start of the January which is when our personnel issues are likely to be most acute. In fact, i don't remember us signing a player at the start of January who went straight into the first team.

And if we lose players to injury through December at the same rate as we did through October and November, we'll have to recall players just to put out a senior 11.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No.

I'm saying we can't rely on getting the signings in that we want at the start of the January which is when our personnel issues are likely to be most acute. In fact, i don't remember us signing a player at the start of January who went straight into the first team
Knockaert signed on Jan 7th - made his debut 5 days later.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No.

I'm saying we can't rely on getting the signings in that we want at the start of the January which is when our personnel issues are likely to be most acute. In fact, i don't remember us signing a player at the start of January who went straight into the first team.

And if we lose players to injury through December at the same rate as we did through October and November, we'll have to recall players just to put out a senior 11.
Moder, Ferguson, Mitoma, Milner, Lallana, Igor , Pedro have all come back from minor or long term injuries in the last couple of weeks - are you counting them as well ?

But of course all the squad could get injured - hence emergency measures which might mean loans or recalls or transfers or praying.

And of course we’ll miss a couple of players to tournaments in January.

And of course we might not be able to make any signings cos the ther clubs will sign them up first.

So fair enough.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here