Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Flight help/question.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
BA have been cancelling quite a few long haul flights at very short notice recently. A shabby and arrogant airline in comparison to what they used to be. I believe that they also have one of the oldest fleets of major airlines too.
This

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Exciting update.

After gettin my seat sorted last night I went to check in this morning to find I didn't have that seat after all and was in the worst possible seat.

I phoned the helpline and decided to just pay the extra and upgrade. Except for some convoluted reason it would cost me an extra 1.1m yen which is about 6,000+ pounds. Obviously I didn't do that so I asked why I had been told I had been assigned a seat when in fact I hadn't and if I could change to a better one. Upshot is the lady didn't know why, there was nothing on her system and there were no available seats to move to.

Brilliant. Absolute shambles.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exciting update.

After gettin my seat sorted last night I went to check in this morning to find I didn't have that seat after all and was in the worst possible seat.

I phoned the helpline and decided to just pay the extra and upgrade. Except for some convoluted reason it would cost me an extra 1.1m yen which is about 6,000+ pounds. Obviously I didn't do that so I asked why I had been told I had been assigned a seat when in fact I hadn't and if I could change to a better one. Upshot is the lady didn't know why, there was nothing on her system and there were no available seats to move to.

….

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gutted for you mate. Time to kick BA into touch maybe? Still, keep monitoring the seating plan, there might be some extra seat availability pop up yet. And ask again at the BA desk at the airport when you get there

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Exciting update.

I have two three letter words for you my griend, JAL and ANA . . . enough said.

The two letter word, BA are exactly what the letters stand for, Bloody Awful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exciting update.

Warned ya :lolol:

When and if you put in a complaint be ready to fight and get absolutely nowhere other than receiving a conciliatory generic and anger inducing letter/email finishing with some platitude about looking forward to welcoming you on your next BA flight :smile:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Gutted for you mate. Time to kick BA into touch maybe? Still, keep monitoring the seating plan, there might be some extra seat availability pop up yet. And ask again at the BA desk at the airport when you get there
Yeah, I think I'll be doing all of that.

I'm hoping that there will be some magic done at the airport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here