Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Fixing a lamp (defo not football)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One of our kittens knocked this lamp off a table and it broke the lampshade off the base.

Upon inspection, it appears that the thread that holds the sdhade to the base has snapped - leaving only a thread on one side. This means when I reattched the shade it wobbles and can easily by knocked off.

I thought I'd be able to replace the lamp holder unit, but it appears to be integrated into the base. Do the great and the good of NSC have any ideas? I'd rather not throw away a whoile lamp if I can avoid it. Thanks.

lamp.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Get lots of people to help you fix it, as many hands make light work.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
One of our kittens knocked this lamp off a table and it broke the lampshade off the base.

I'm worried that you won't be able to look at it in the same light ever again.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Upon inspection, it appears that the thread that holds the sdhade to the base has snapped - leaving only a thread on one side. This means when I reattched the shade it wobbles and can easily by knocked off.

I thought I'd be able to replace the lamp holder unit, but it appears to be integrated into the base. Do the great and the good of NSC have any ideas? I'd rather not throw away a whoile lamp if I can avoid it. Thanks.

View attachment 148044

Chuck it. It's awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here