Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Fat Boy Slim

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Isn’t the photo ID just because it’s no under 18s allowed? I doubt very much it’s to check the name and ID on the ticket.

The email says:
Ticket Holders must be aged 18 or over to attend On The Beach 2022. Challenge 25 is in operation at the festival.

Ticket Holders will be asked to show ID by security at the event gate. If you cannot produce ID, you will be refused entry to the festival.

Acceptable forms of ID are as follows:
Valid Passport
Valid Driver’s license
Valid PASS Card

I guess it can be used for checking age but it’s also used as a way of reducing/preventing touting for hot tickets like the event tonight. Promoter will ask for names at time of purchase which go on the ticket and the name must match the ID. Given the tickets do indeed have the OP’s name on them I’m guessing ID is more an anti-touting procedure. OP mentioned they only released the tickets 24 hours before the event; another procedure.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Isn’t the photo ID just because it’s no under 18s allowed? I doubt very much it’s to check the name and ID on the ticket.

The email says:
Ticket Holders must be aged 18 or over to attend On The Beach 2022. Challenge 25 is in operation at the festival.

Ticket Holders will be asked to show ID by security at the event gate. If you cannot produce ID, you will be refused entry to the festival.

Acceptable forms of ID are as follows:
Valid Passport
Valid Driver’s license
Valid PASS Card

Based on the videos I've seen I don't think there's anyone under 60 there

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I guess it can be used for checking age but it’s also used as a way of reducing/preventing touting for hot tickets like the event tonight. Promoter will ask for names at time of purchase which go on the ticket and the name must match the ID. Given the tickets do indeed have the OP’s name on them I’m guessing ID is more an anti-touting procedure. OP mentioned they only released the tickets 24 hours before the event; another procedure.

Which is all well and good, but when I got the tickets in March they should've have said where do you want each ticket e-mailed to? Shambles really, but I do understand and agree that they've got to get a grip of touting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which is all well and good, but when I got the tickets in March they should've have said where do you want each ticket e-mailed to? Shambles really, but I do understand and agree that they've got to get a grip of touting.

?? The usual process is that all the names are asked at time of purchase and then all the tickets are sent* to the person who purchased them…who can then send them on to the various named recipients. I’m not sure what the issue is?

In fact I have just been sending out a load of tickets for Fatboy’s open air in Berlin tomorrow. Tickets were named and I’ve been busy sending the QR codes from the print out to my chums via What’sApp. I recently did a similar thing with 7 Oh Sees tickets I downloaded into my phone wallet.

* sent can mean physically send a hard copy, emailed a print at home ticket or as is increasingly common these days a link to download to a phone wallet. Either way they can be easily forwarded on.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
?? The usual process is that all the names are asked at time of purchase and then all the tickets are sent* to the person who purchased them…who can then send them on to the various named recipients. I’m not sure what the issue is?

In fact I have just been sending out a load of tickets for Fatboy’s open air in Berlin tomorrow. Tickets were named and I’ve been busy sending the QR codes from the print out to my chums via What’sApp. I recently did a similar thing with 7 Oh Sees tickets I downloaded into my phone wallet.

* sent can mean physically send a hard copy, emailed a print at home ticket or as is increasingly common these days a link to download to a phone wallet. Either way they can be easily forwarded on.

It depends on the platform. Sites like resident advisor, skiddle never ask names

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It depends on the platform. Sites like resident advisor, skiddle never ask names

True. My point was addressing the poster's comment about the 'shambles' of getting tickets to friends. He/she/they suggested the ticket outlet should have asked for email addresses at the time of purchase...my response is a very very long winded why? :lolol: Maybe is misunderstood something.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Never used Skiddle but my recent Yves Tumor and next Saturday's open air with DJ Tennis are both on RA.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Based on the videos I've seen I don't think there's anyone under 60 there

Harsh, all of my posse are below 60......by at least 6 years.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How was it? Bit gutted I missed it but on a stag do in Amsterdam currently

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here