Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Fallout

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've not seen any of it (don't have Amazon), but are any of the characters portrayed as shoving literally any random crap they come across down their trousers until they need to hire a transit van to carry it all, on the off chance that it later comes in handy?
:lol:

No, but it’s actually done really cleverly (if you’ve played the games). Each “knight” of the Brotherhood of Steel has a “squire” basically lugging around a comically large and heavy bag with all the knight’s stuff in it. It’s a reference to how in the games players usually offload all their junk (dozens of typewriters for the screws!) to their AI companions.

IMG_3191.jpeg

There’s loads of little bits like that for fans to enjoy.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
I've not seen any of it (don't have Amazon), but are any of the characters portrayed as shoving literally any random crap they come across down their trousers until they need to hire a transit van to carry it all, on the off chance that it later comes in handy?
There's no hoarding per se, but the Brotherhood of Steel knights all have squires whose job it is to drag massive duffel bags full of supplies everywhere they go.

Edit: Beaten to it!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Never played the game - and probably never will - but I've watched the first 3 episodes and I've really enjoyed it. The leg scene in episode 2 was perfectly timed as my wife walked in uttering "What the f*** are you watching"

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
@jcdenton08 your enthusiasm has won me over.
Hopefully it’s as good a NSC recommendation as Slow Horses (absolutely brilliant) and , back in the day, Arcade Fire.
I have to say Silo sounds more my bag, but my Apple subscription has run out so Fallout it is.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's not much of a spoiler but I'll put the thing on anyway (and it's not a spoiler at all if you've seen the first 4)

Matt Berry as the health robot Snip-Snip is probably the best bit of casting I've seen for a long while. Absolutely brilliant. His delivery of the "Oh no, I'm going to harvest your organs" made me genuinely laugh out loud on the train

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here