Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup - Stoke (A)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely its a 15 pointer for loyal and commited Albion fans on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke?!
If only 5 loyalty points are given, I for one am not going...!!
Not having a pop but does loyalty points really come into peoples decision to go or not? Once you’re in the top 2 brackets you can get tickets for any games easily if organised surely…?

Don’t get me wrong, some of the points allocations are simply badly thought out and wrong, but with a season ticket for x years and a handful of aways a season, you can get a ticket easily for any match in my experience.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Not having a pop but does loyalty points really come into peoples decision to go or not? Once you’re in the top 2 brackets you can get tickets for any games easily if organised surely…?

Don’t get me wrong, some of the points allocations are simply badly thought out and wrong, but with a season ticket for x years and a handful of aways a season, you can get a ticket easily for any match in my experience.
Well, it does if you're building points for a European Tour next season!
I can imagine it will be an utter binfest for tickets if we were to make European football next season, I just want to ensure I'm not down the bottom of the barrel behind all those 1901 members scrapping around for a ticket to Moldova on a Thursday!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well, it does if you're building points for a European Tour next season!
I can imagine it will be an utter binfest for tickets if we were to make European football next season, I just want to ensure I'm not down the bottom of the barrel behind all those 1901 members scrapping around for a ticket to Moldova on a Thursday!
Mmmm not convinced it’ll be that hard myself but who knows…

el punal

Stoke was one of my ‘tick the box to say you’ve been’ away grounds in our first season in the PL. We caught the train to Stoke and were told by the police at the station not to go through town for our own safety. Instead we were advised to go to the ‘away’ pub and then catch the shuttle bus to the ground. Great! The pub was shut, so on the bus we went. The Britannia/Bet 365 or whatever it’s called is one of the strangest locations I’ve been to for a game, matched by the miserable cold, damp weather.

Still, on that visit I got to meet Tony Bloom back at the station and had a good laugh with a load of Stokies on the train home, so not all bad.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Mmmm not convinced it’ll be that hard myself but who knows…
In my view, it will be a hyper-binfest.... especially if we are drawn against a western European side ... might be a bit easier if it's in flamin Rumania, Albania or Bulgaria...

***obviously this scenario is currently only a fantasy***

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In my view, it will be a hyper-binfest.... especially if we are drawn against a western European side ... might be a bit easier if it's in flamin Rumania, Albania or Bulgaria...

Totally agree. Hard enough to get tickets to Fulham away so imagine trying to get them for what would be our first ever European fixture! Though obviously all depends on the ticket allocation etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Totally agree. Hard enough to get tickets to Fulham away so imagine trying to get them for what would be our first ever European fixture! Though obviously all depends on the ticket allocation etc.
Some draws could potentially mean three days off work just to get there and back :laugh:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not to mention air fares etc. Who can afford that sort of trip on a regular basis?
Suspect we have a decent number that will find a way - the first game in particular will result in a huge scramble I reckon. If it’s a regular thing maybe not so much :shrug:

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'll see you all there... from the comfort of my sofa through my television screen.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

We're already putting in place contingency plans for Baku. Not sure we can get further east in the competition!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here