Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton roll call - and pre match pub

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If parking central, mount pleasant car park is cheap. Philharmonic and pilgrim are nice pubs close. A while since I have done it (30 years) about a 30 minute walk to the game.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Reminds me of the old Anfield joke.

Bloke parks his expensive car near the ground and gets approached by a couple of local kids.

' A fiver to look after your car mate?'

'Nah, you're alright', says the bloke with a smug smile... 'My Rottweiler's in there. I think he can handle it'.

'Oh, that's nice', says the kids...'Can he put out fires?'

I think it was a Stan Boardman joke, but not sure.
OR

McLaren have sacked all their wheel change operatives from their pit team and replaced them all with scousers, because they are far quicker at getting the wheels off.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Any pub will be OK if you aren't a dickhead. I have both worked and lived in or around Liverpool for almost 35 years and have always found most Scousers to be a very affable bunch (there are always a few pricks). I will be going to the Royal Oak before the game with a bunch of bitter Evertonians. :giggle:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Apparently this is the product of call me Dave's attempt to narrow the North South divide. When it didn't work they started to secretly kill off the northerners

And just to shove my comedy 'up my bollocks' (copywrite R Keane) I have just found out no bugger is televising it :facepalm:

:shootself
You’re my wife now Dave

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I surprised my hubby with tickets for the game tonight as it's only 3 hours away from us so a comparative local game.
I could tell he was over the moon when he opened the envelope,you know when you get that present from a uncle or aunt you simply didn't need but you look at them and try to look pleased,well multiplying that look by a thousand and that's the thanks I received 😄

clivebuckley

Jul 28, 2011
I’m driving from near Keswick leaving around 4 incase anyone needs a lift.
County Road I’m told is a good place to park

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Away attendance just under 900.

More than last season at Goodison, will be the lowest away league following we take this season though.

Expect maybe a max of 500 for Middlesbrough on Saturday

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Away attendance just under 900.

More than last season at Goodison, will be the lowest away league following we take this season though.

Expect maybe a max of 500 for Middlesbrough on Saturday
Well if there wasn't a train strike I would have been at Borough

theboybilly

It's not often I say this but Christmas has really left me strapped for cash this year. I could have made both games (tonight & Boro) at a push but would be living on the edge money-wise for the rest of the month (maybe even into next month) . Back in the saddle for Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here