Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] European Super Duper League

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Following the Pawson-Mason shitshow yesterday I am moving towards the view that it would be better for football if the big 6 (and the journo murderers) went off to the ESL and took the useless corrupt PGMOL with them.
It would give the FA and the EPL an opportunity to start again with a fair competition and to properly enforce the regs against diving and professional fouls.
I appreciate it might be difficult to find competent officials but they can't ALL be shite, can they?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Following the Pawson-Mason shitshow yesterday I am moving towards the view that it would be better for football if the big 6 (and the journo murderers) went off to the ESL and took the useless corrupt PGMOL with them.
It would give the FA and the EPL an opportunity to start again with a fair competition and to properly enforce the regs against diving and professional fouls.
I appreciate it might be difficult to find competent officials but they can't ALL be shite, can they?
Oh they can. Read old fanzines and news articles and you'll find that according to managers, players and fans, every referee to ever walk this earth has been utterly incompetent.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
100% agree

MFIS

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
At the moment I can only see the Big 6, eventually, breaking away to go elsewhere…

… they also have a free hit at making it work because if it all falls flat on its face, I don’t see the FA declining their request to come back…

Happy for a new ESL, but should it go pear-shaped, those that left HAVE to start at the bottom of the league pyramid should they want to return…

This obviously won’t happen, they’ll be welcomed back with open arms and put back in the premier league after paying the FA so many £££.

Think it is inevitable they break away… probably by the end of the decade.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think it will change in a different way. EPL will be cut to 18 or even 16 clubs but the big 6 will stay. CL will expand further plus, with a few spare weekends, the big 6 will have mini tournaments in lucrative continents.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh they can. Read old fanzines and news articles and you'll find that according to managers, players and fans, every referee to ever walk this earth has been utterly incompetent.
Lovely lady and good friend who sits not a million miles from me at the Amex repeats the mantra "we never get anything off this ref" at every game, no matter who the match official in question is. Bless 'er :kiss:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wouldn't happen. Given how much criticism referees and PGMOL come in for, why would they want to take them?

They either borrow the best referees from all the leagues the way FIFA/UEFA do for champions league/europa/euros/world cups, so we still have them around
or,
they buy the best referees and we are left with the worst refs and rush inexperienced refs from the lower leagues to make up the numbers.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think it will change in a different way. EPL will be cut to 18 or even 16 clubs but the big 6 will stay. CL will expand further plus, with a few spare weekends, the big 6 will have mini tournaments in lucrative continents.
Aahh joy...higher carbon footprints all round, setting a terrific example

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If they do, they'll take all the money with them. PL would be no better than the Championship in the eyes of those who stump up the rights fees that have allowed even us to fill our team with some of the world's best young talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here