Votes: 78 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Don't give a frog leg

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's not the winning but who is remotely interested in watching those games ? Who will pay for advertising on ITV when they show the games when they know England games have no interest by the majority anymore
Which majority is it that you're speaking for? Considering the amount of coverage in all forms of the media, and the numerous discussions on here, it's probably a safe bet that England games still matter to many people.

My only real issue watching England is having to endure Adrian 'Honestly I'm not a potato in a shirt' Chiles.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How could you not qualify in a group like that - that's part of the problem, we always seem to get a relatively easy qualifying group and then fall apart when we get there

Eh? We're one of the best teams in Europe at actually qualifying for tournaments. It's how we do when we get there that's the problem.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Switzerland will run us close for top spot. With our defense as it is right now I can see us finishing second. Anything lower would be an unmitigated disaster in this group though.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Top 2 automatically qualify. Best 3rd place team qualifies and then rest of the 3rd place teams play in a seeded play offs.

We will qualify for a fact.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The Swiss are not that good, they are 6th in the world because they had the easiest World Cup group qualification group.

I thoguht i'd heard commentators saying in the past that the Swiss play a lot of international games (and a lot of friendlies too) but against fairly poor opposition and therefore rack up a lot of FIFA ranking points.

Seem to remember teams like the USA being ranked quite highly and they had quite a few players with 100 or more caps.

We don't play as many games so miss out on ranking points because of it, and we are always chopping and changing our side (players drop out due to injury, etc) that we never seem to have a self selecting 1st IX line up, but thats another topic for discussion at another time.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I thoguht i'd heard commentators saying in the past that the Swiss play a lot of international games (and a lot of friendlies too) but against fairly poor opposition and therefore rack up a lot of FIFA ranking points.

Seem to remember teams like the USA being ranked quite highly and they had quite a few players with 100 or more caps.

We don't play as many games so miss out on ranking points because of it, and we are always chopping and changing our side (players drop out due to injury, etc) that we never seem to have a self selecting 1st IX line up, but thats another topic for discussion at another time.

I am sure there was some truth in Harry's comments about injuries. It's amazing how many players are injured for International friendlies but fit for their clubs the next match. This cannot help with continuity but to be fair I guess other countries have similar problems.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Of course we will qualify. The Swiss are in a bloody easy group and are being made to look good.

We would beat them if we played them now and I'm confident we will beat them when we play them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports