Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Switzerland - friendly 5:30 on Sky

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well done the 3 Palace boys on winning their caps, and putting in great performances as well.
A very proud Palace fan tonight.

Palace only had 2 players. One of them is Chelsea.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Has he actually ever played for Chelsea ?.

What ever it’s a proud moment to have 3 players that currently play for Palace in the England team.

Yeah from 2008-2019 he was nowhere but in Chelsea so I'd assume he has played 100+ games for them. It is also the club he belongs to, so he is a Chelsea player. It really is a stretch to call him a Crystal Palace player when you are well aware he is not yours and wont play for you next season.

That said, two players isnt shabby and you can be proud over (in particular) Mitchell.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yeah from 2008-2019 he was nowhere but in Chelsea so I'd assume he has played 100+ games for them. It is also the club he belongs to, so he is a Chelsea player. It really is a stretch to call him a Crystal Palace player when you are well aware he is not yours and wont play for you next season.

That said, two players isnt shabby and you can be proud over (in particular) Mitchell.

The bottom line is he got into the England team on the back of his performances this season at Palace. He had a bad season last year at WBA , and was nowhere near a cap.
What was pleasing was his name had Crystal Palace under it, not his parent club, and most people realise what he has done this season with us.
BTW, isn’t your parent club Swansea ? :rolleyes:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The bottom line is he got into the England team on the back of his performances this season at Palace. He had a bad season last year at WBA , and was nowhere near a cap.
What was pleasing was his name had Crystal Palace under it, not his parent club, and most people realise what he has done this season with us.

He did not have a bad season for WBA. He was their "Young player of the season" and the reason CP and Leeds battled to loan him this season wasnt because he was bad, but because he was good.

But you're probably right that most people realise that Crystal Palace has borrowed success this season.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He did not have a bad season for WBA. He was their "Young player of the season" and the reason CP and Leeds battled to loan him this season wasnt because he was bad, but because he was good.

But you're probably right that most people realise that Crystal Palace has borrowed success this season.

Yep, young player of the season, not player of the season.
My recollection is he was in and out of the team, but I bow down to your superior google knowledge ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yep, young player of the season, not player of the season.
My recollection is he was in and out of the team, but I bow down to your superior google knowledge ???

Of course he wasnt player of the season when Matheus Pereira was as (periodically) good as he was.

In and out of the team... he was available for 32 games and started 28 of those. Hardly in and out of the team. Bow down to my superior Google knowledge.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Don’t care about the rest of the post but that bit made me chuckle.
Obviously I didn’t watch the match. I was washing my hair.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not a great performance but with 2 assists from 2 of the 3 palace boys we got the win .

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

What a silly thing to say and your not even a Brighton fan?

You do know that loaning players is not uncommon in the UK, I do believe your adopted club at the moment has had loan players in recent years don’t you.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Does anyone really think the Penalty was justified, he was facing away from the ball when it was headed into his arm.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[/B]

What a silly thing to say and your not even a Brighton fan?

You do know that loaning players is not uncommon in the UK, I do believe your adopted club at the moment has had loan players in recent years don’t you.

We had Jesse Lingard on loan in 2014 when he was a regular for England U21s. I don't remember anyone on here being stupid enough to claim this as a U21 cap for a Brighton player :shrug:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Let the Palace fans have their moment. We have a serious left back shortage, while Gallagher will be back at Chelsea soon.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kane 1 goal closer to the record

Will he do it before the World Cup?

Thought White was poor, Pickford was good and the rest in between

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
:rolleyes:

Gallagher has been an excellent loan signing for Palace - so well done whoever spotted him and made the move for him. However, he is not a Palace player.

Can you imagine the shenanigans at Selhurst when Harry Kane is loaned to us next season and we claim him as "one of our own" :whistle:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here