Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v NZ CWC Official Thread

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
She bowls at a fair pace, there'll be male bowlers who are slower than her. And she genuinely turns the ball too.

True enough ... but I've seen Phil Tufnell and Monty Panesar play for England. Lack of batting and fielding ability didn't stop them :lolol:

Ecclestone is still young - particularly by spinner standards. I've no idea whether she even wants to play men's cricket but she may want a new challenge.

I thought Sarah Taylor would be the first woman to play F/C cricket. She was widely considered to be the best keeper in the world (male or female) at her peak but, sadly, for non-cricketing reasons it was not to be. Ecclestone may well be tempted to be the pioneer.

Unless it has changed, isn't the ball used in the women's game a little smaller and lighter? That change for the mens game might be quite challenging for a spinner.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Unless it has changed, isn't the ball used in the women's game a little smaller and lighter? That change for the mens game might be quite challenging for a spinner.

About half an ounce lighter and half an inch in circumference - really not a big difference. I have a mixture of small and normal size balls on my shelf and it's not immediately obvious which is which

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
She bowls at a fair pace, there'll be male bowlers who are slower than her. And she genuinely turns the ball too.

True enough ... but I've seen Phil Tufnell and Monty Panesar play for England. Lack of batting and fielding ability didn't stop them :lolol:

Ecclestone is still young - particularly by spinner standards. I've no idea whether she even wants to play men's cricket but she may want a new challenge.

I thought Sarah Taylor would be the first woman to play F/C cricket. She was widely considered to be the best keeper in the world (male or female) at her peak but, sadly, for non-cricketing reasons it was not to be. Ecclestone may well be tempted to be the pioneer.

Junior (decent cricketer) and I (once half-decent, now shite) were chatting about this earlier. Ecclestone would probably tear up the county league - she’s so accurate. Taylor’s keeping was incredible - hand speed better than pretty much any of the blokes, sure she could have held her own at county level as a keeper (batting would need testing though)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Australia finish on 356-5. They really are in a different class this tournament. England will need several miracles to get anywhere close to that.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nat Sciver 100 not out, but partners skittling rapidly, end in sight. 217-8.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sciver left stranded on 148no, Aussies win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here