Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England team v Costa Rica tomorrow

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ok with that team ( all be it a poor one ) but Milner for Stirling not good. Our best player dropped for an engine .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ok with that team ( all be it a poor one ) but Milner for Stirling not good. Our best player dropped for an engine .

Bring Sterling on later when the Costa Ricans are tiring ....

....and already 2-0 up on us :facepalm:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Our current FIFA ranking of 10th is looking a bit suspect these days..................

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Jones has been woeful all season

The best we can do in the medium team build a team (like a club builds a team) and learn to forget how a player has performed in the league, if at all.

The point being that The Premier League are not going to assist in producing a national team that can compete. They have no interest to do so, so we shouldn't expect them to.

I'd love to see them forced but at the moment they hold all the power.

Laughable that one of the reasons given for The Premier League break away was the improvement of the national team.

What little English talent there is needs the opportunity to play international football.

I've long advocated the introduction of a play off system into Champions League qualification. Won't happen though.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
They're pointless anyway, we win a friendly 1-0 against Luxembourg and will probably move into 4th !

'Ave a word with Sepp, he'll sort it

emoticon-with-envelope-vector-573517.jpg

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The irony of "England building for the future" coupled with the fact they have an utter self serving dinosaur in charge seems to be lost on some....

I have spent years and fortunes following England and I have never felt this much dislike towards an England manager in my life. The man is a complete fraud. If he had anything about him he'd resign immediately, but he hasn't.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
What a shit team, really disappointing.

Sterling who has been our one bright spark isn't playing why?

Lampard isn't the future, Milner is limited and Smalling is shit full stop.

Strikes me the selection is to keep as many players happy as possible so there aren't leaks of discontent in the squad and players don't go out to the media slatting Hodgson for not picking them.

Sterling was brilliant in the first game and dreadful in the second, that's what happens when you are young at any level. Lampard can't be any worse than Gerrard. Would like to have seen Lambert up front. I know he is not the future, but as he was taken in the squad and we have not won a game we might as well play him. However, agree with you about Smalling, nowhere near international class, and after a dreadful display in his last match should not be playing if we want to win a regain some pride. Don't know why Oxlade Chamberlain is not playing can only assume he is still not fit. In which case why take him.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sterling was brilliant in the first game and dreadful in the second, that's what happens when you are young at any level. Lampard can't be any worse than Gerrard. Would like to have seen Lambert up front. I know he is not the future, but as he was taken in the squad and we have not won a game we might as well play him. However, agree with you about Smalling, nowhere near international class, and after a dreadful display in his last match should not be playing if we want to win a regain some pride. Don't know why Oxlade Chamberlain is not playing can only assume he is still not fit. In which case why take him.

Stirling was moved to accommodate Rooney. Hodgson did this because the media told him to........ This is his entire strategy, it's one of the reasons he is bullet proof.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The irony of "England building for the future" coupled with the fact they have an utter self serving dinosaur in charge seems to be lost on some....

I have spent years and fortunes following England and I have never felt this much dislike towards an England manager in my life. The man is a complete fraud. If he had anything about him he'd resign immediately, but he hasn't.

It is surely only a matter of time until Bodgson gets knighted !

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Imagine a world food contest.

The Italians and the French always do well, even if they haven't changed a number of dishes for years. Sometimes you get a spicy outsider that falls at the last hurdle but gives us all entertainment.

The Spanish should do well, but for some reason they fail to produce it consistently.

Where does that leave the English ? Well it could be argued if they served Roast Beef they would always get to the quarter finals, but struggle to get much further.

But we don't serve Roast Beef any more. We've shut the restaurants down and sold them to McDonalds. It's incredibly successful, we've turned them into an international brand. The whole world loves it. It's called The Premier League.

Unfortunately it ain't gonna help us win an international food contest. We've hit on something incredibly successfully financially but quality had to go out the in order to achieve it.

That's where we are left in terms of international football.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Stirling was moved to accommodate Rooney. Hodgson did this because the media told him to........ This is his entire strategy, it's one of the reasons he is bullet proof.

No he didn't, think you getting Hodgson, a man who does as he thinks fit for good or bad, and Redknapp, a man who will aim to please the media, mixed up.
V Italy the idea was for Sterling to not only get forward but to also pressure Pirlo.
Second game Rooney was back to his natural preferred position and was arguable our best player. Sterling was also back in his club position where he had played very well throughout the season.
Going forward was not the issue, budget defenders were. Hopefully Baines and Jakielka will be nothing more than back up players in the future.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Is it wrong of me to want us to get a right good embarrassing thumping.... Then he will walk or the press will go for his head....

If youth is the future lets have someone..... Oh bollox it's not even worth typing, it's just so predictable and boring.....

I despair with England, same old same old....

Excuses, and wait for the new talent to come through..... We been through so much new talent from Hoddle, Gazza, Becks, Owen....

Same old same old.....

I wish my great grandparents stayed in Germany instead of leaving for a better life.... Bloody idiots.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I said at the time Oxo got injured Roy should have dropped him for Stones, he'd be playing a part tomorrow if he was there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The utter SHITSTORM of bedwetting that will be unleashed both on here and in the media if we get turned over by Costa Rica will truly be something to behold.

I'm kind of looking forward to it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The utter SHITSTORM of bedwetting that will be unleashed both on here and in the media if we get turned over by Costa Rica will truly be something to behold.

I'm kind of looking forward to it.
....to go along with the bedwetting about the bedwetting.....that's a lot of dampness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here