Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Elm Grove / Bear Road

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My daughter ‘student’ lived in Bear road and has now moved to Dewe Rd. I’ve been there plenty of times and never had an issue. Handy for the P&R race course to. Or can just catch a bus on the main road to the Amex. Would recommend you need to some good insulation as the house in Bear Rd was cold in winter.
Shame the old park and ride isn’t there now

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hartington Road resident here, did the same as you in 2010, only niggle is the hill, we drove everywhere when looking at properties, if I’d had to walk up the fecker to view it, no way would I have bought it 😂

I think this area is changing, due to more student properties being purpose built, several student houses have been sold on our road and families have now moved it. Next door for example, we never had an issue with them, they once posted a note through the door informing us that they were going to have a party…

we waited with baited breath, dreading the coming evening/night hoping they would not keep our young daughter up.
the party was held in the garden, sat on chairs, included cake, some Barry Manilow, ABBA and over by 11:30, students ain’t that bad.

good luck in your hunt.
takes me 25-30 mins to walk to the station from the top of Hartington
takes 1:56 mins to walk up the hill home.

Last edited:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Hartington Road resident here, did the same as you in 2010, only niggle is the hill, we drove everywhere when looking at properties, if I’d had to walk up the fecker to view it, no way would I have bought it 😂

I think this area is changing, due to more student properties being purpose built, several student houses have been sold on our road and families have now moved it. Next door for example, we never had an issue with them, they once posted a note through the door informing us that they were going to have a party…

we waited with baited breath, dreading the coming evening/night hoping they would not keep our young daughter up.
the party was held in the garden, sat on chairs, included cake, some Barry Manilow, ABBA and over by 11:30, students ain’t that bad.

good luck in your hunt.
takes me 25-30 mins to walk to the station from the top of Hartington
takes 1:56 mins to walk up the hill home.
Thanks a lot for this! Does seem like all the new purpose built housing has meant some of those HMOs are being converted back into a ‘normal’ house/maisonette and being put on the market.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My daughter ‘student’ lived in Bear road and has now moved to Dewe Rd. I’ve been there plenty of times and never had an issue. Handy for the P&R race course to. Or can just catch a bus on the main road to the Amex. Would recommend you need to some good insulation as the house in Bear Rd was cold in winter.
I lived on Dewe for around 7 years with a bunch of mates, the neighbours moved eventually coz of all the parties..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here