Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Easyterra Holiday Car Rentals - Opinions Please!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Has anyone used this company? I'm just about to book car rental for our upcoming holiday in Greece. Searched carrentals.co.uk and found a deal offered by Alamo. OK company in my experience. But, clicking on took me to their "partner website" – easyterra. Never heard of them. Quick sanity check on trustpilot came up with a pile of absolutely appalling reviews… Hmmm... Time to consult the NSC cognoscenti.

Anyone used easyterra? Worth a go, or reach for the bargepole? And which companies do you favour currently?

All comments welcome – thanks in advance!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
No experience with those companies (apart from Alamo, who I've had no problems with in the States) but have heard, over many years, a constant string of hefty complaints (including in the press) about Goldcar which are quite big in Europe. So if easyterra are part of Alamo, and nothing to do with Goldcar, could be OK - although the Trustpilot reviews would concern me.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Avis in Rhodes tried to charge me for 45 litres of fuel after I dropped the car off empty (yes, I know). I got it refunded as the Jimny I'd hired was the same as the one I owned and only had a 40l tank.

Where in Greece are you going ?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Avis in Rhodes tried to charge me for 45 litres of fuel after I dropped the car off empty (yes, I know). I got it refunded as the Jimny I'd hired was the same as the one I owned and only had a 40l tank.

Where in Greece are you going ?

Kefalonia - Had bad experience there previously with Green Motion (I know, sounds like meconium), trying to charge E400 for a pre-existing dent. I prefer to rent from the well-known brands. But easyterra - WTF?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Car hire is VERY expensive this year in Greece (even more so in Crete)

Fuel is also more expensive than the UK

Just for your info.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Buy excess insurance separately if you are not going fully comp?
About £25 for a week of easing of the mind.. Just take shed loads of pictures before and after.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Car hire is VERY expensive this year in Greece (even more so in Crete)

It's not just in Greece. It's a global problem. All the rental companies sold off their fleets to stay afloat during the early COVID days when worldwide travel stopped. Now they need to replace them, but they can't due to the global chip shortage that's crippled the car industry.

Result, not enough rental cars to meet demand, and many of the cars that are being rented are older second-hand models that are much more expensive to maintain.

I learned this the hard way when renting a car from Southampton Airport in June. £375 for a Fiat 500 for less than 48 hours (excluding fuel). And that was the only offer I got under £450.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Kefalonia - Had bad experience there previously with Green Motion (I know, sounds like meconium), trying to charge E400 for a pre-existing dent. I prefer to rent from the well-known brands. But easyterra - WTF?

Mrs CS and l holiday once, sometimes twice a year in Kefalonia. Everytime we hire a car through Pefanis Rent a Car, a local company but with many years experience. Some excellent rates too.

They have several offices/depots on the island, at the airport, Argostoli, Sami, Lourdas etc. Check their website. They have never let us down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here