Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Down to 9th without kicking a ball.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It could be a difficult Saturday night for us as scum club Chelsea, horrid Palace and misfiring Liverpool knock us out of the top 6 sending us to 9th place.

Of course we can repair the damage tomorrow but I’d prefer to not have the pressure of a win to maintain our lofty position.

Christmas in the top 6 is something that would be so very sweet. Weeks and weeks of checking the table to see that we are still in 6th place would be fantastic.

Fingers crossed that these three teams can be thwarted. If not, that likely draw against Villa tomorrow might not be enough.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Let’s think positively.

A win against Villa will put us 5th for at least a couple of hours. We then need to get behind Fulham in the late kick off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just the scousers then… who matter nothing to us. Guaranteed 7th minimum for 6 weeks - possibly 5th or 6th… unlucky other ‘teams’

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not guaranteed 7th as Fulham play today?
Yeah they play after us, so a win today puts us 5th and wanting Fulham to beat or draw with Man Utd so we can stay there for Xmas.

A draw pretty much guarantees 7th as it’s not enough to catch Liverpool, we will still be behind on GD and Fulham would need a huge swing in GD to go above us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yea, but my point was that we

yeah but my point was that we’re not “guaranteed 7th spot for 6weeks” as sheebo above states - if we lose and Fulham win we’re down to 8th! 😱
Yeh sorry you’re correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here