Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Domestic DIY/plumbing question

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm trying to help someone replace a broken shower head 'remotely' (I'm not there).

They're stuck trying to attach the new head to the old hose.

My expectation is that they can unscrew and remove what's probably a broken part of the old head from the hose, then just screw the new head on.

However they claim they can't anything to unscrew/budge at all on the hose.

So my question is – which bit/how much should they be trying to remove from the hose? Just A), or B), or all of C)?

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 11.39.02.png

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I'm trying to help someone replace a broken shower head 'remotely' (I'm not there).

They're stuck trying to attach the new head to the old hose.

My expectation is that they can unscrew and remove what's probably a broken part of the old head from the hose, then just screw the new head on.

However they claim they can't anything to unscrew/budge at all on the hose.

So my question is – which bit/how much should they be trying to remove from the hose? Just A), or B), or all of C)?

View attachment 158949
You can see the screw thread below the manky green bit just above the finger

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Looks like someone screwed the shower head onto the shower hose with grips, as a rule shower heads should be screwed to the hose by hand.

The person you are helping needs to hold the hose (as in the photo) and turn the broken part (marked with yellow arrow) with adjustable grips, pliers may also work.

Or go and buy a new shower hose.

7E42AE82-8BF1-4E24-92BC-F165453F0197.jpeg

Make sure there is a rubber washer between the end of the shower hose and new head before screwing together

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
5 minute job for someone like @WrongDirection

Looks like a mole-grip or a pipe-grip are gonna be needed, can't see pliers opening up wide enough to get to grips with whats left ...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
5 minute job for someone like @WrongDirection

Looks like a mole-grip or a pipe-grip are gonna be needed, can't see pliers opening up wide enough to get to grips with whats left ...
Pliers could be used by putting them inside the broken section and turning, yes you are right the pliers probably wouldn’t open up wide enough to go around the outside.

:wink: :smile:

D17756BE-41BC-498E-BC05-DB5C4CC14B5A.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here