Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Roberto De Zerbi wants to be here?

Do you think Roberto De Zerbi wants to be at Brighton?

• Total voters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Remeber, we could have gone up to the Premeir League as champions, if the players could be arsed.
Always 2 sides to a story.
Nothing to play for, survival accomplished.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cloggs? ClogGs? F***in' CloGGs? Not spelling the English bit correctly, but asking for replies in conversational Latin? OK, go for it!

But kindly take that cum grano salis.
You just don't get me
You underest me
Not see my rivim
It's not a given
Not a hippopotamus
No, sum dominus

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Sounds like he’s hanging the players out to dry here, from Naylor (Athletic)

Brighton have lost motivation - De Zerbi​

Brighton & Hove Albion head coach Roberto De Zerbi says his players have lost motivation since going out of the Europa League and seeing another chance of qualifying for Europe via a high league finish disappear.

A 4-1 defeat on aggregate against Roma in the last 16 of the Europa League in March has been followed by a run of four league defeats and two draws including today's 3-0 loss at Bournemouth.

De Zerbi, asked if a tough situation was due to injuries or other factors as well, said: "Injuries, for sure. Motivation as well.

"Motivation in football, I think (that is) 80 per cent of my work and in my time we kept a big challenge, a big target. In this moment, finishing the Europa League, too many points from the Europe position in the table, we are working for not a clear target.

"It can happen. It's normal, but I cannot accept a game without soul, because we are Brighton and we have to keep respect for ourselves, for our club, for our fans, and I am sorry for that.

"I am suffering a lot, but I have worked in football for 30 years and I know it can happen. We have to stop this moment quickly."
Pretty obvious he is referring to the lack of incentives isn’t it given Europe’s gone, no cups to fight for, only a mid-low table finish as I said on the other “Loss of Motivation thread”. Incentives motivate. Hard to motivate when the incentives you had just a few months ago have gone.

A major part of what de Zerbi is about is inspiring and egging on not just the squad but the whole Club to be ambitious, punch above our weight, go for dreams and targets we’ve never before believed we could reach. That’s been the constant narrative from PBOBE, “ Roberto pushes all of us to do better”. That’s been a lot of personal energy spent since last May to carry players with him on this dream, to try and get the players he needs from a Club set in it’s drip by drip ‘sustainable trajectory’ ways, so those dreams RDZ has for the Club could be realised - RDZ is a force of nature but understandably running low on steam - he has no targets left at his disposal this season with which to bang the drum.

I strongly suspect Roberto will not want to leave the Club at an end of a season like this but will prefer to stay and work with Tony, Paul and the players he is obviously committed to, and strengthen the squad in the hope we will qualify again next year. I think he would want to leave after a successful season not one that has fizzled out like this and I also believe if he stays, which looks likely imo, Tony and PB would find ways to keep him grounded in reality without crushing his ambitious personality.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here