Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Did you ever meet / see the Queen?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I was invited to Buckingham Palace in 2012 but couldn’t go for family reasons on the date I was invited so I went the following week and met Prince Charles. I found out that had I gone the previous week when I was invited I would have met the Queen and would have spoken to her one to one. Always felt a bit sad to have missed the opportunity.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Have we not had a similar thread to this already?

Anyway, my Late Father-in-Law was Chairman of Horsham DC and got an invite to a Buck House Tea Party along with Mother-in-Law plus 2 other family members (Mrs Jakarta & Me). Sadly he was quite ill (bowel cancer) and had just had surgery so ended up in a wheelchair - the Buck House Staff were very good in sorting out disabled access.

The Queen shook his hand and talked to him briefly. Obviously I was just behind him but sadly can't remember a word of the conversation!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When I worked at Leamington Spa she was doing the Maundy service at the Cathedral so the Royal Train arrived initially around 06:00 at Stratford-on-Avon so was told to be there when it arrived.

I've never met her but I was in Salisbury cathedral on Maundy Thursday and, unknown to me, it was the cathedral for the distribution of maundy money that year. There was a bit of commotion at the entrance and suddenly the Queen walked in. I've mentioned on here before how casual it was: there was no additional security, I was a normal punter having a shufti at the cathedral and suddenly I was about 15/16m from the monarch. We stayed and watched the ceremony

I also saw the royal train pull into Carlisle station when I was just arriving. I saw her and her entourage reach the main concourse. Again, I had no idea that she was in town that day - I'm not a royal stalker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here