Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone else think the refereeing was very shit today

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There was an incident where Greer already on a yellow, nearly yanked the head off of one of their players. If seen in it's entirety he could easily have got a second yellow. Think he escaped that one!

I though the ref was ok overall.

We just got bullied and easily out muscled.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was an incident where Greer already on a yellow, nearly yanked the head off of one of their players. If seen in it's entirety he could easily have got a second yellow. Think he escaped that one!

Was that the one in the second half? It happened near the centre circle and you could clearly hear the slap in the North Stand :lol:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
1) pulled play back when we had a clear advantage in the 1st minute.

2)failed to give a penalty when Calde was pulled back by 2 of their players

3) failed to give a freekick when Kaz bursting through, a foul which if given wouldve resulted in a 2nd yellow for Fredricks

So just another day at the office for D'Urso

* Idoubt if any of the decisions affected the outcome of the game we were that shit.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It was a typical D'Urso performance as he should have booked Tomlin for a shocking dive to try win a penalty and bottled giving their right back a second yellow for pulling back Lua Lua. However, our terrible performance meant that D'Urso's incompetence went relatively unnoticed.

Aug 23, 2011
What about when Lua Lua was on the break and he was pulled and pushed by their defender who was already on a booking? D'Urso is a shyte referee.

Was that the one where he didn't give anything at all? On the replay I did feel KLL was giving almost as much as he got and then lost balance. I also feel if he didn't go down softly sometimes then he would get more. However I did think some of the challenges were a bit excessive and he didn't clamp down on them early enough.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
1) pulled play back when we had a clear advantage in the 1st minute.

2)failed to give a penalty when Calde was pulled back by 2 of their players

3) failed to give a freekick when Kaz bursting through, a foul which if given wouldve resulted in a 2nd yellow for Fredricks

So just another day at the office for D'Urso

* Idoubt if any of the decisions affected the outcome of the game we were that shit.

Nobody is denying we were poor but I'd say those three decisions would have had a big impact on the game. Didn't see the Calde one but their defender should have gone for the foul on KLL and yet D'Urso didn't give a free kick even and the only time Baldock got round the back he denied us the advantage but then didn't even book their player.

Ignoring the fact he let their players get away with cynical tactics, especially kicking Texeira out of the game, the final insult is he missed a clear shirt pull on Greer as he was trying to clear before they got away for the first goal.

D'Urso is a shocking referee. How he is still able to make a living out of it is beyond me.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Was that the one where he didn't give anything at all? On the replay I did feel KLL was giving almost as much as he got and then lost balance. I also feel if he didn't go down softly sometimes then he would get more. However I did think some of the challenges were a bit excessive and he didn't clamp down on them early enough.

That was it. Might have been the angle that I was at but it seemed Lua Lua would've been through...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here