Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Derestricting a 50cc scooter

macky

Dec 28, 2004
My driving license had. Full moped license and provisional permanently, until I did a full bike test.

You used to be able to ride a 250 as well But i'm 100% Sure that you have to do the cbt to ride a 125 now

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Rip it out and Stick a Yamaha 250LC engine in - you won't live long but the trip will be exciting... :lolol:

I was joking but from memory I think I remember someone local to me (Oop North at the time) installing an RD200 engine in his Vespa.

Obviously the twin Allspeeds were a bit of a giveaway but we are are going back 30 years or so, maybe more, so don't suppose he let his insurers know.

Hope he uprated the brakes... :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Better to do the cbt regardless. It’s about 80 quid and I don’t think you can actually fail it as it’s not a test per se

You say, quite a few get sent home!

I did my CBT some years back and during our group final ride, the instructor told the guy at the front to take a right at the next round about, rather than go round clockwise he literally went right (around the wrong way) and luckily didn’t hit anyone head on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was joking but from memory I think I remember someone local to me (Oop North at the time) installing an RD200 engine in his Vespa.

Obviously the twin Allspeeds were a bit of a giveaway but we are are going back 30 years or so, maybe more, so don't suppose he let his insurers know.

Hope he uprated the brakes... :lolol:

Yambretta 350 LC's are a thing. Have seen a Honda 400/4 in a vespa 50 before now.

You can buy 60+ BHP Lambretta engines complete of the shelf now anyway, just plug and play.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You say, quite a few get sent home!

I did my CBT some years back and during our group final ride, the instructor told the guy at the front to take a right at the next round about, rather than go round clockwise he literally went right (around the wrong way) and luckily didn’t hit anyone head on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats the idea of the CBT Shirley, Like a Darwin awards alert system!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here