Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Cox - New Lancing boss

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think he is very quickly going to find that playing for a club in league football is a very different animal to managing much further down the pyramid.

The very best of luck to him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think he is very quickly going to find that playing for a club in league football is a very different animal to managing much further down the pyramid.

The very best of luck to him.
Been playing in non-league teames for a while... not like its a completely new environment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"They've got tiny Cox,
They've got tiny Cox...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I know, l have watched him.

Nevertheless, playing and managing, two very different things, very difficult to succeed at both, as many have found out before him.
Agreed.

He’ll almost definitely be in a relegation battle too, involving multiple Sussex teams.

If it wasn’t for Three Bridges home form - P7, W6 - (away form is P8 L8!) - they’d be breathing slightly easier.

Given their ground is the Sussex FA HQ, you’d expect them to be doing a lot better than they are. Just look at Dorking Wanderers.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Given their ground is the Sussex FA HQ, you’d expect them to be doing a lot better than they are. Just look at Dorking Wanderers.
Why ? Because they get no revenue from the bar and have to book to use the pitch?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Why ? Because they get no revenue from the bar and have to book to use the pitch?
Not entirely sure - not clued up on how much their bar takes on a match day, judging by their attendances not very much.

Just feels like a team playing at Culver Road* should be playing higher than a team needing to beat Newhaven in a one-off relegation play off to avoid dropping into the county league.

*excl Montpelier Villa if you was going to go down that route.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not entirely sure - not clued up on how much their bar takes on a match day, judging by their attendances not very much.

Just feels like a team playing at Culver Road* should be playing higher than a team needing to beat Newhaven in a one-off relegation play off to avoid dropping into the county league.

*excl Montpelier Villa if you was going to go down that route.
Lancing has only ever been a County League team spending many years bouncing between divs 1 and 2 without pulling up any trees. Although the league names have changed many times over the years the standard hasn’t really changed.

My understanding is that Lancing FC get nothing from the bar and their main match day income comes from the low gate receipts and consequent low tea bar takings.

I would say that Newhaven FC is much better supported and keep all match day revenue.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I will be popping along to Calver Road tomorrow for the 14:00 ok to welcome tiny cock to lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here