Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Deadline Day (Sky documentary)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
'Deadline Day', the 4 part Sky documentary is well worth a watch.
The fly on the wall documentary mentions Brighton at least three times with agents indicating that we're in the running for various players.
Florian Grillitsch (who ended at Ajax), Sasa Kalajdzic (who ended up at Wolves, and did his ACL in his first game), and Junior Adamu (who decided to stay at Red Bull Salzburg).

Out of all the various deals and characters that were featured I thought Loïs Openda who left Club Bruges to sign for RC Lens seemed a decent guy, with a lovely Mum and a sensible agent.

It's a fascinating programme and left me wondering how anyone actually ever gets signed.
If I was an owner I think I'd lose my rag and just say, "F*ck it, don't bother mate you're really not worth it, I'll play the kids".

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I found it a bit unnerving. You can see why players make odd decisions. Quite often the player finds themselves in a room surrounded by four or five people (usually middle aged men in suits) telling what to do. It is like the player works for the agent rather than the player appointing an agent. Players need a strong family around them.

The relationship between that fella who was a player as a youth and invovled with debravka deal and the boss agent was weird. The agent would tell player to strut their stuff then be like a meek servant to the rich bloke. Some of the agents strike me as deeply unpleasant people who only care about making money.

Massive eye opener and worth a watch.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
'Deadline Day', the 4 part Sky documentary is well worth a watch.
The fly on the wall documentary mentions Brighton at least three times with agents indicating that we're in the running for various players.
Florian Grillitsch (who ended at Ajax), Sasa Kalajdzic (who ended up at Wolves, and did his ACL in his first game), and Junior Adamu (who decided to stay at Red Bull Salzburg).

Out of all the various deals and characters that were featured I thought Loïs Openda who left Club Bruges to sign for RC Lens seemed a decent guy, with a lovely Mum and a sensible agent.

It's a fascinating programme and left me wondering how anyone actually ever gets signed.
If I was an owner I think I'd lose my rag and just say, "F*ck it, don't bother mate you're really not worth it, I'll play the kids".
Pencilled in for lunch breaks next week 👍🏻

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I found it a bit unnerving. You can see why players make odd decisions. Quite often the player finds themselves in a room surrounded by four or five people (usually middle aged men in suits) telling what to do. It is like the player works for the agent rather than the player appointing an agent. Players need a strong family around them.

The relationship between that fella who was a player as a youth and invovled with debravka deal and the boss agent was weird. The agent would tell player to strut their stuff then be like a meek servant to the rich bloke. Some of the agents strike me as deeply unpleasant people who only care about making money.

Massive eye opener and worth a watch.
My first para here seems appropriate today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here