Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “De Zerbi is the first leader of football's next tactical revolution”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst it's not as simple as Potter's 5th man at the back is in De Zerbi's attack. He picked up a squad that Potter had moulded for pressing, possession and passing football. De Zerbi then sped it up. I loved the way Potter used pressing and triangles to make the opposition look shit, it would get their fans on their backs and make pundits focus on their poor play and not our class. But De Zerbi has made the transition to attack from the back so fast that no one notices the opposition were even there.
It’s almost as if Tony Bloom had a plan for progression.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Potter hadn’t laid the foundations and changed the way we play over two years RDZ would 100% not be having the success we are now, that is why I think it’s harsh to suggest how we play now diminishes Potter’s achievements :shrug:

It’s a brilliant progression of Potterball but without the players being so comfortable on the ball it would have taken quite a while for RDZ to have us playing like we are.
If RDZ thought he was inheriting (to paraphrase a great aphorism of my late dad) poop rather than clay, he wouldn't have come here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There's another report suggesting Accrington Stanley are looking to following in the footsteps of genial Uncle Roy from up the road.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Liverpool must be getting heartily SICK of getting monstered by DeZerbiball :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here