Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daylight Bobbery - yet another Zamora thread

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I've just been trying to explain something like that to people on the press conference thread. But apparently £1.5 million is good price for Zamora, particularly as 30% of it isn't ours.....

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mr Orange, what would you have us do in this current situation?
I am bitterly disapointed that he's gone and i honestly thought he was worth, and we would get, more for him. Its obvious that Tottenham are letting us know the price because they think they have a bargain, but i think we were in an unenviable situation.
I would like to know the alternatives you had in mind. Ones that don't involve time travel.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Meade,

I can't defend the price IF there are no extra included, such as sell on or appearance clauses. If we don't have those, then we've seriously screwed this one up.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I suggest we find out the full details of the deal.

I believe that if the deal is a straight £1.5 million then we have been ripped off and would have been better off keeping Zamora. However, if there are extras in the deal such as payments for appearances and a sell on clause then the whole deal becomes palatable.

I'm just cross because people think that the player is worth effectively just one million pounds to the club, which in todays business climate is quite frankly peanuts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here