Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Counteracting a brilliant front three

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our defence is impenetrable to regular play. It will take an excellent shot from distance to score against us, like Arsenal managed.
Hmmmm backing off then allowing the player to cut inside to his favourite position in the whole wide world doesn't really say 'impenetrable' to me.

Maupay & Connolly v Maguire - taking candy from a big fatheaded baby.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Man U have scored 11 in their last 10 league away games .... The same as us.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Utd have been on a good run pre and post lock down but all good runs come to an end. I'd sooner play them under those circumstances than if they were under a bad run as the focus increases on them. If they do lose to us there will not be a huge story around it, which is just fine.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree. Had some shaky moments at first, but to be fair was stepping up from Championship level.

Starting to show his class now, and was superb against Arsenal. One world class tackle in particular.

I'd slightly differ on this. I think the class has always been there, and he clearly has a number of key attributes to make him a top PL defender. At the same time, there have been a number of mistakes, often one a game. Cut those out, and then you do have a top PL defender.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'd slightly differ on this. I think the class has always been there, and he clearly has a number of key attributes to make him a top PL defender. At the same time, there have been a number of mistakes, often one a game. Cut those out, and then you do have a top PL defender.

He made 2 against Arsenal which could have cost us, but still one of his best games for us so far.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm optimistic that liverpool and city will have nothing to play for by the time we meet, Man Untidy can be shat on some days, there is hope against all three.

Good old ‘Proper Job’ veg.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Alzate will come back into the team and play a role none of us have thought of at a guess

Its great knowing we are tactically so flexible we will switch to a new formation as required - and if it don't work as planned will change it after first drinks break

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not sure for Liverpool and Man City but against united, sit deep and compact, flood the midfield. Or, in other words, the exact opposite of how we played at Old Trafford.

I think we can get something form at least one of those games. United are on a really good run but they're not world beaters yet. Liverpool and City will have nothing to really play for so their levels should hopefully be 5% lower than usual.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
48b460b1036a2bc6ae42c3b5c5cc9771.jpg

this !!!!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
As the season draws to a weary end, our Premier League fate is still to be decided.

To survive, I believe we’ll need at least three more points, there is a chance we’ll need more if three of the sides below us find some good form.

I see any points we get against Man Utd, Liverpool or Man City as bonus points, our main haul needs to seemingly come from fixtures against Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle & Burnley.

If we are to get anything from the three games against the traditional ‘top six’. We’re probably going to have to stop the following deadly trios.

Rashford-Martial-James

Mane-Firmino-Salah

Sterling-Jesus-Mahrez

How will we do it?

I will be surprised if Liverpool or Man City will play those front threes.

But whoever they play it’s going to be tough !

Hopefully Lamptey will mug a few of them off !!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Alzate will come back into the team and play a role none of us have thought of at a guess

Its great knowing we are tactically so flexible we will switch to a new formation as required - and if it don't work as planned will change it after first drinks break

Is he taller than Maty Ryan ?

Liverpool and Manure didn't exactly thump us in the games earlier this season, they were away. OK Man city put 4 past us. If we lose all 3 but only ship -6 GD again, we're still well up on those around us. Comparitively

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Is he taller than Maty Ryan ?

Liverpool and Manure didn't exactly thump us in the games earlier this season, they were away. OK Man city put 4 past us. If we lose all 3 but only ship -6 GD again, we're still well up on those around us. Comparitively

Our biggest problem vs Liverpool was Van Dyke and Trents corners. Hopefully sort that this time around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here