Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cost of full house at the Amex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just chatting to my daughter about why the Women's team play at Crawley and it got me thinking, what do you think the cost is of staging a full house at the Amex, including all staff, stewards, park and rides, trains buses etc ?

And what is the cost of hiring Crawley for a match ?

Obviously, I doubt there is anyone on NSC who knows, but when has that ever stopped any NSC poster :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They only need stewards for 75 mins.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just chatting to my daughter about why the Women's team play at Crawley and it got me thinking, what do you think the cost is of staging a full house at the Amex, including all staff, stewards, park and rides, trains buses etc ?

Obviously, I doubt there is anyone on NSC who knows, but when has that ever stopped any NSC poster :wink:
I find it hard to imagine a full house with commercially priced tickets happening at the Amex for the women's team in my lifetime. Hence the Crawley cost is probably very good value to the club to maintain some viability for the women's game to help it grow. No idea of the answer to the question though.

Jan 30, 2008

And don't forget the Joker :jester:

Regards
DF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
aside cost, isnt there a limit on the number of games/events at Amex each year? also fixture complexity and maintaining condition of the pitch.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When re-opening after lockdown with limited crowd sizes, I think Barber said we needed a minimum 8000 crowd to cover the cost of opening the stadium, if that was tickets at average £30 per, that would be £240,000.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I find it hard to imagine a full house with commercially priced tickets happening at the Amex for the women's team in my lifetime. Hence the Crawley cost is probably very good value to the club to maintain some viability for the women's game to help it grow. No idea of the answer to the question though.

Without doubt Crawley makes financial sense for the women's team with current crowds (although IIRC they use the Amex occasionally).

A marginal cost per match, with all 4 stands open, of £437,289.64.

So many variable eg elec for floodlit games, Rentokil after Palarse visit.

Did you manage to get that figure from a reliable(ish) source. Something in the accounts divided by number of home matches ? I must admit, my first thought, and a complete guess, was somewhere north of that, but less than a million ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Without doubt Crawley makes financial sense for the women's team with current crowds (although IIRC they use the Amex occasionally).

Did you manage to get that figure from a reliable(ish) source. Something in the accounts divided by number of home matches ? I must admit, my first thought, and a complete guess, was somewhere north of that, but less than a million ???

I'm afraid to say that I completely made it up :lolol: I hoped the precision to the pence was the giveaway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought, before Covid, the women's team were having a pitch built at Lancing in the training centre, along with new facilities. I thought the idea was for them to play there instead of Crawley, but I've probably misremembered it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Interesting that in Chelsea's licence to operate under restrictions they are allowed to spend £900k,that's up from £500k when the restrictions were first enforced but still well below the £1.2m+ they said a typical home game costs. I know our capacity is less but I'd expect our costs to be more than half of theirs at least.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought, before Covid, the women's team were having a pitch built at Lancing in the training centre, along with new facilities. I thought the idea was for them to play there instead of Crawley, but I've probably misremembered it.

I think that Lancing will only ever be able to accommodate a couple of hundred spectators and I think the women's team are getting a couple of thousand, so I guess Crawley with a capacity of 6,000 is the medium term plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here