Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Celtic

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I had a tenner on them to win the league, so I'll be out celebrating tonight.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Official mascot of the Scottish Prem ..

Mickey_Mouse.png

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
John Barnes had a bit of a struggle with this simple task: "In a "dream ticket" style move, Barnes was appointed head coach of Celtic for the 1999–2000 season, working under Kenny Dalglish as director of football. After his appointment he later re-registered himself as a player but never played a competitive game for Celtic. This much-hyped appointment was unsuccessful, however, and included a shock Scottish Cup defeat at the hands of Inverness Caledonian Thistle in February (which gave birth to the famous headline from The Sun: "Super Caley go ballistic, Celtic are atrocious"). Barnes was sacked shortly afterwards and is now widely considered to be one of the worst managers in Celtic's history".

Last edited:

theboybilly

I remember reading some years ago that George Graham said that he and Alex Ferguson, though Scottish themselves, no longer sent scouts across the border. If a player up there was decent they would get to hear about it through the football grapevine. The talent was too scarce to warrant spending money on a Scottish network

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would point out that one of the pivotal players in our success over the last 2 years was a Celtic cast-off deemed surplus to requirements up there.

Anyways I always have a chuckle at these threads - there's probably about one a month, sometimes aimed at Celtic specifically, other times Scottish football more generally. The same posters are always lining up to try and outdo each other insisting how bad Scottish football is, when they are obviously going out of their way to discuss it on the messageboard of a specific English club - and have presumably watched a bit of it as well to have such informed opinions.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I would point out that one of the pivotal players in our success over the last 2 years was a Celtic cast-off deemed surplus to requirements up there.

Anyways I always have a chuckle at these threads - there's probably about one a month, sometimes aimed at Celtic specifically, other times Scottish football more generally. The same posters are always lining up to try and outdo each other insisting how bad Scottish football is, when they are obviously going out of their way to discuss it on the messageboard of a specific English club - and have presumably watched a bit of it as well to have such informed opinions.

Lived/worked up there for the past 25 years (oil/gas industry), the standard wasn't too bad in the early 90's but has become utterly shit, I don't know why & don't particularly care.

Same as my view of their whole country really.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dull dull dull. If I lived in Scotland I would still play football, that's how dull it is!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe today we can congratulate Celtic and Brendan Rodgers on the club's achievement.

But already tomorrow, with a bit of reflection and analysis, we'll all realise this was arguably the worst season in the history of the Scottish Premiership in so many ways. It has done the SPL no favours in reputation terms.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

It's not so much that it's 'bad', the Vanarama League is 'bad', but at least there's a real element of competition and in August no one knows who will win it. The name of the SPL champions was known before a ball was kicked, it is the epitome of a one-horse race.

I work with a Glaswegian Celtic fan and even he's bored shitless.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Fantastic performance winning the easiest league IN THE WORLD

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Epic season, great team, how they manage it is beyond me. The best in Europe surely?

Throw me another banana.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here