Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Congratulations Amy Merricks

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
After eight years with Brighton, including at least 2 spells as Interim Manager, our womens team assistant manager is off to become manager of the England Womens Under 19 team.

We're going to miss her - thought she'd done well to steady the performances and lift the team through all the changes that have gone on. Congratulations to her on this massive opportunity!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
After eight years with Brighton, including at least 2 spells as Interim Manager, our womens team assistant manager is off to become manager of the England Womens Under 19 team.

We're going to miss her - thought she'd done well to steady the performances and lift the team through all the changes that have gone on. Congratulations to her on this massive opportunity!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I try to keep on top of what’s happening with the womens team but my knowledge of the players and managers/coaches in the game is not fantastic, is there any particular reason why she wasn’t made permanent manager for us?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I try to keep on top of what’s happening with the womens team but my knowledge of the players and managers/coaches in the game is not fantastic, is there any particular reason why she wasn’t made permanent manager for us?
It’s a good question. I guess she just needs more experience. Just a guess.

We’re putting resources into the women’s team and game, which is great, but playing 20 odd miles away from home for all home games can’t be good.

Next year, if they are relegated, then their away game at Lewes will be closer to Brighton than their home games in Crawley.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm not massively surprised she's leaving having twice been overlooked for the job this season. It's a shame to lose her but you can't blame her putting her career first and good luck to her.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Albion's loss. England's gain. She's done a brilliant job, particularly when filling in as manager. I was hoping she would be offered the job permanently this time around, but unfortunately not. Hopefully with the England role under her belt she'll come back to us at some stage in the future, as she is clearly immensely talented.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here