Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CIES Football Observatory Report 2014-23

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Can't see a thread on this, apologies if fixtures. Here's the BBC report on it:

and this is the report itself

"The 448th CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the 50 clubs in the world with the most positive and negative transfer balances for non-academy players signed and transferred between 2014 and 2023"

We're doing quite well (91M euro profit) so I presume it's to the end of 2023 and includes the Caicedo and MacAllister money. Palace have done really well and are remarkably high up in the table for biggest losses (207m euros) :D

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
Fascinating. I only skimmed the profit page, were there any other English clubs on that page other than us?

As for the losses, speaks volumes. No doubt City (and others) will crow how well they have done but 8% of their figures is probably quite a bit [/understatement]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Some of those clubs- the Danish ones, Ajax, Atalanta, the German ones, the Red Bull teams, are just total machines when it comes to making money.
Be interesting to see where we'd be over the last five years.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Fascinating. I only skimmed the profit page, were there any other English clubs on that page other than us?

As for the losses, speaks volumes. No doubt City (and others) will crow how well they have done but 8% of their figures is probably quite a bit [/understatement]
Brentford €99 million and Swansea City €62 million. Union Saint Gilloise on the list too with plus €60 million.

Swansea tagged as English on the profit list, Cardiff as Welsh on loss list...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Though we are shown as producing a nice sum in profits, percentage wise, it isn't huge. I guess there are near €100M losses player trading on Mwepu, Izquierdo, Jahanbaksh, Locadia, Andone in the period though.
Ben White and Sanchez sales are not included in these figures, as academy graduates, so we can whack €85M or so on top for actual player trading.
Looking at the current squad, and what we are reported to have spent on the players, it's hard to imagine the numbers won't get better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here