Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas pullovers/jumpers

Christmas jumpers/pullovers tacky and fun or wouldn’t be seen dead in one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It’s worse than that where I work, the HR team (or whatever they are called these days) sent out a circular encouraging staff to wear such garments during the “festive season”.

Given how obsessed they usually are about sustainability I fired an email back to their Director pointing out the hypocrisy of supporting the purchase of meaningless tat, likely made and shipped from China, to be worn for a few days before being binned for a new upgrade next year. The very worst kind of behaviour of morally bankrupt and corpulent west.

Like old football tops even if donated to charity it will only hamper local third world clothing enterprises from flourishing and worse still it is degrading enough for starving Africans to be seen on telly in tattered old Man U shirts with “Beckham” on the back, let us spare them even worse humiliation from wearing HO HO HO jumpers with flashing Christmas trees.

Personally I could care less, just as long as the environmental moralisers usually shitting the bed about the millions of polar bears aren’t doing so whilst wearing a Lidl Christmas jumper.
Errm...

what was the Director's response?
1703423491454.png

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It’s worse than that where I work, the HR team (or whatever they are called these days) sent out a circular encouraging staff to wear such garments during the “festive season”.

Given how obsessed they usually are about sustainability I fired an email back to their Director pointing out the hypocrisy of supporting the purchase of meaningless tat, likely made and shipped from China, to be worn for a few days before being binned for a new upgrade next year. The very worst kind of behaviour of morally bankrupt and corpulent west.

Like old football tops even if donated to charity it will only hamper local third world clothing enterprises from flourishing and worse still it is degrading enough for starving Africans to be seen on telly in tattered old Man U shirts with “Beckham” on the back, let us spare them even worse humiliation from wearing HO HO HO jumpers with flashing Christmas trees.

Personally I could care less, just as long as the environmental moralisers usually shitting the bed about the millions of polar bears aren’t doing so whilst wearing a Lidl Christmas jumper.
When did the grammatically correct "couldn't care less" get usurped by the nonsensical "could care less"?
I've noticed lots of Americans (predictably) using "could care less" in recent times. Is it a side-effect of the covid vaccine or an unintended consequence of Brexit?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Yeah of course you did, but I bet you thought it really angrily to yourself :lolol:

Have a Merry Xmas :thumbsup:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This thread is not going in the direction intended - why is everyone arguing? Being so negative? This is supposed to be a bit of lighthearted fun ffs!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
This thread is not going in the direction intended - why is everyone arguing? Being so negative? This is supposed to be a bit of lighthearted fun ffs!
Looking at the results of the poll and one or two replies on the the thread, it is because some take themselves far too seriously.😉

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

So you were a “No” then?😎

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've got a wonderful traditional Norwegian wool jumper. Really annoys me when people disparagingly call it my Christmas Jumper just because it has a few things that look as though they could be snowflakes on it.....

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
When did the grammatically correct "couldn't care less" get usurped by the nonsensical "could care less"?
I've noticed lots of Americans (predictably) using "could care less" in recent times. Is it a side-effect of the covid vaccine or an unintended consequence of Brexit?

It's just because they are f***ing stupid.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'll be wearing my Albion Christmas jumper on Christmas day and I'll be wishing people a merry Christmas. If they don't like it they can go f*** themselves.
Saying happy holidays is so american it makes me vomit
Happy holidays! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here