[Football] Chelsea vs Brighton who has the stronger first 11 + Cost difference

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Chelsea

------------------------------Kepa (€80.00m)------------------------

-Fofana (€80.40m)--Koulibaly (€38.00m)--Cucurella (€65.30m)

James (Free) --Kovacic (€45.00m)--Enzo (€121.00m)--Chillwell (€50.20m)

Sterling (€56.20m) ----Havertz (€80.00m) --Mudryk (€70.00m)

TOTAL:
€686.1 m

Brighton

--------------------------------------Sanchez (Free)----------------------------------

Lamptey (€1.20m)---Webster (€22.22m)--Dunk (Free)---Estupinan (€17.80m)

MacAllister (€8.00m)----Caicedo (€5.00m)-----Gross (€3.00m)

March (Free)------------Ferguson (Free)----------- Mitoma (€3.00m)

TOTAL:
€60.22m

Chelsea's first 11 is over 10X more expensive than Brightons, and currently sit below them in the table having lost 4-1 to them this season already.
Ok, So Thiago Silva probably plays at his best, as does Kante and Felix. For Brighton, Veltman seems higher rated than Lamptey too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Cost, value or worth?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No brainer, Chelsea have much the better squad

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Man for man Chelseas team in much stronger. I could pick another 8 players in Chelseas squad not listed that would push very hard for a start in our team. They have 3 CBs that would start over Webster. All their full backs would start over Lamptey, and whilst March is having a storming season he's a long way from Raheem Sterling. It might be easier to look at it the other way round and I think only Dunk, Pervis, Moises, Mac, Karou and Caceido would get near their first 11 and the others no-where near it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Man for man Chelseas team in much stronger. I could pick another 8 players in Chelseas squad not listed that would push very hard for a start in our team. They have 3 CBs that would start over Webster. All their full backs would start over Lamptey, and whilst March is having a storming season he's a long way from Raheem Sterling. It might be easier to look at it the other way round and I think only Dunk, Pervis, Moises, Mac, Karou and Caceido would get near their first 11 and the others no-where near it.
Moises and Caicedo? Well, I suppose we'll have to lose one of them in the summer.

I'd add Sanchez to that list - better than either of Chelsea's GKs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Brighton manager is operating at a bit higher level than the Chelsea one too. Had a bit less time with his squad too.
That's clearly true, and yet you get the standard 'oh shit I've got no reply' laughter icon from Graham's gimp.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Veltman is our best RB. Clearly man for man their first team is better. They don't play like that but they will eventually, under Potter or someone else.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd rather be me (a BHA season ticket holder) than....a twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports