Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea v Brighton International Women's Day fixture

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A better 2nd half, but abysmal defending for the Chelsea 3rd.

No defenders in sight.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Nice finish by Carter.

Drawing the 2nd half 1-1 would be a result in itself, albeit one with no points.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Nice finish by Carter.

Drawing the 2nd half 1-1 would be a result in itself.
Just what I was about to post! I know Chelsea made some changes, but we did play better in second half

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Finished 3-1. Better second half, and Sarri troubled them with her pace when she came on. Williams probably our best player over the 90 mins. Robinson tried hard but struggled with service and support. Unfortunately I fully expect her to go in the summer as she is well regarded by other teams and is now on the fringes of the England squad

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Should have been 2-1 without a doubt, that penalty call is awful. Yes, a Chelsea player had a swing at the ball when Kerr was back onside but was miles from connecting.

We were much better second half. No idea what’s gonna happen in terms of management, 10 games plus the FA Cup is a long time for Merricks to be in charge as interim.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just what I was about to post! I know Chelsea made some changes, but we did play better in second half
Wise minds think alike!

Sadly the game was done and dusted when Albion's consolation went in.

They can take away some confidence from tonight's 2nd half showing.

However Albion Women have to sort out the marking at the back urgently if they want to pick up points.

Despite playing a game less than bottom side Leicester, a worse GD of -27 and conceding 10 goals more tells its own story.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Wise minds think alike!

Sadly the game was done and dusted when Albion's consolation went in.

They can take away some confidence from tonight's 2nd half showing.

However Albion Women have to sort out the marking at the back urgently if they want to pick up points.

Despite playing a game less than bottom side Leicester, a worse GD of -27 and conceding 10 goals more tells its own story.
42 goals conceded across 12 games is absolutely criminal honestly. We don't score many, but neither does anyone else in midtable. Fix the terrifyingly leaky ship and we'll likely be ok. Particularly if we can target Reading in a few games

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
42 goals conceded across 12 games is absolutely criminal honestly. We don't score many, but neither does anyone else in midtable. Fix the terrifyingly leaky ship and we'll likely be ok. Particularly if we can target Reading in a few games
Yes, not many teams could expect to win games whilst shipping an average of 3.5 goals every match.

Sort the defence out and there's enough in the squad to stay up.

Build from the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here