Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champion s League

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Absolutely ridiculous goalscorer.

He's nowhere near being the absolute quality of Messi, Ronaldo and etc... but his goalscoring prowess is probably the best of all time, already.
Ferguson will do well to watch all his games, watch his movement, how he maintains his position. Many of his goals look simple because he's "simply" in the right place.

I'll also add the rebounds he gets is others around him are happy to have a go and don't just look for him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Piss poor decisions all round. Never a penalty. Edison yellow card at least, Grealish should’ve been booked.

Not one player appealed for the penalty. VAR just go looking for shite that shouldn’t even be looked at. It needs to go to cricket or tennis system where a team get a certain number of VAR appeals per half.
I keep seeing this half-baked idea. You KNOW what will happen. Managers will use up their appeals on every sodding goal thats scored against them, especially if its a late one.

"GOOOOAAAALLLL - oh no hang on. Potter is appealing. Yes...yes...it certainly looks like Lewis Dunk definitely gave Havertz a filthy look there in the buildup Alan".
"Yes I think the appeal will stand Rob. It might seem harsh, but under the current rules you just can't do that"
"Good appeal from Potter, Alan"
"Yes, very wise to keep that up his sleeve in case they conceded late on"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What an hour from Haaland. It was like watching Jonah Lomu for the first time. Physically on another planet to the Leipzig defence.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Haaland no has 3 more Champions League goals tham Wayne Rooney. Some way to go catch Ronaldo and Messi but the rate he's going you wouldn't bet against it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Porto v Inter is a good watch with Porto needing a goal that striker we had a fake rumour about for £40m looks a bit gash. Update he’s gone off injured

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
5 goals in a single UCL game

Messi - 2012
Adriano - 2014
Haaland - 2023

When you think of the quality of some of the players (van Basten, Inzaghi, van Nistelrooy, Shevchenko, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, etc.) that 'only' scored 4, it's a huge achievement, and especially to do so during the knockout stages and not in a dead group game.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Porto v Inter is a good watch with Porto needing a goal that striker we had a fake rumour about for £40m looks a bit gash. Update he’s gone off injured
I watched 10 minutes and admired Porto''s kit, which is 372.648 times better than any gash Nike have managed to offload on us. EVER.

I flipped over just in time for goal fest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here