Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Can I use a 15v laptop charger for a 12v battery?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
In WWII Coffman Cartridge starters were widely used on Typhoons and Tempests which had 37 litre 24 cylinder Napier Sabre engines developing 2200 HP, I'm amazed they didn't have to use an anti-tank weapon to start them...

There is apparently a Typhoon restoration underway. Would pay good money to hear a Sabre run up...

I think your money would be better spent on a good set of ear defenders. Pardon? :smile:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I think your money would be better spent on a good set of ear defenders. Pardon? :smile:

Actually knew a Typhoon Pilot who flew out of Tangmere & Ford - got an Article by him in a 2004 Storrington D-Day commemorative magazine which I still have somewhere along with my Late Father In Law's D-Day memories (Les was a Signaller not a Brylcreem Boy like Doug)

Basically the Typhoon was loathed by the Germans because it had rockets to stuff the Tanks and Cannon to rip apart the 'soft skinned' stuff. He caught a bit of flak on D-Day which squashed an oil feed pipe and almost seized his engine before he got back to Ford.

It says a lot about the people who fought the war that the other pillots basically took the piss and said he needed to improve his swimming skills anyway... :lolol:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Actually knew a Typhoon Pilot who flew out of Tangmere & Ford - got an Article by him in a 2004 Storrington D-Day commemorative magazine which I still have somewhere along with my Late Father In Law's D-Day memories (Les was a Signaller not a Brylcreem Boy like Doug)

Basically the Typhoon was loathed by the Germans because it had rockets to stuff the Tanks and Cannon to rip apart the 'soft skinned' stuff. He caught a bit of flak on D-Day which squashed an oil feed pipe and almost seized his engine before he got back to Ford.

It says a lot about the people who fought the war that the other pilots basically took the piss and said he needed to improve his swimming skills anyway... :lolol:

Brave chaps, knowing that every single time they took to the skies there were people doing everything they could to shoot them down. I don't think I could have taken that.

Brave, brave men.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
And I know it is being wise after the event but as I am still taking stuff to god awful dumps like Ipswich I always make a point of buying two laptop leads.

One of which is safely plugged in at my Office at Jakarta Towers while the other comes out with me to enjoy the scenery (well a Premier Inn desk).

I buy 2 additional charging leads for all my electrical items and hide them from my kids and wife who always borrow and never return the originals! Same for house keys, get 5 extra sets cut as they always go missing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here