Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Cafe suggestions in Seaford please

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was hoping to tap in to the hive mind of NSC and get suggestions for a cafe in Seaford. Only been to Seaford a couple of times before but during the week I’m going to end up with a couple of hours to kill in the middle of the day and hoped for a cafe lunch. Poncy or greasy spoon are both fine by me so suggest away please.

Many thanks in advance.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Was hoping to tap in to the hive mind of NSC and get suggestions for a cafe in Seaford. Only been to Seaford a couple of times before but during the week I’m going to end up with a couple of hours to kill in the middle of the day and hoped for a cafe lunch. Poncy or greasy spoon are both fine by me so suggest away please.

Many thanks in advance.

It’s not a cafe, but I recommend the bar at Seaford Head (municipal) golf course. It’s open to the public with great views. You could walk from the town centre (20 mins) or drive there. Have a look on their website to see what their menu selection is.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Cloe's Coffee Shop on Broad Street (the main little shopping street) is fun for something different. All decked out with 2nd World War memorabilia and playing tunes from the era. I've been there a few times because the food is all cooked while you wait, the staff are pleasant and the prices reasonable.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I usually go to The Sisters at Sunnyside Cafe, 21 High Street, go down Broad street from A259 and turn right.
Nice clean cafe with friendly service, not what I would describe as poncy but better than an old style greasy spoon.

The Salts recreation ground behind the station has a cafe, I haven’t been in this one for over a year, it may have changed hands since my last visit.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s not a cafe, but I recommend the bar at Seaford Head (municipal) golf course. It’s open to the public with great views. You could walk from the town centre (20 mins) or drive there. Have a look on their website to see what their menu selection is.

Good shout, it’s excellent/great value. No seaside trip is complete without fish and chips though, so maybe Trawlers :p

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Seaford seems to have plenty of coffee shops that also sell food in Broad Street, not a big road so you could probably walk up and down and take your pick.
There is also Cafe 7 in Clinton Place near the top of Broad Street.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I usually go to The Sisters at Sunnyside Cafe, 21 High Street, go down Broad street from A259 and turn right.
Nice clean cafe with friendly service, not what I would describe as poncy but better than an old style greasy spoon.

The Salts recreation ground behind the station has a cafe, I haven’t been in this one for over a year, it may have changed hands since my last visit.
Went in there recently just for ice creams. It looked very smart and the menu looked OK.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Good shout, it’s excellent/great value. No seaside trip is complete without fish and chips though, so maybe Trawlers :p

In my youth, it was drive to Brighton for the match with my parents and get fish and chips from Trawlers and a copy of the Argus (post match edition ) from Seaford station on the way home, eaten whilst then watching Dr Who. Happy days!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Trawlers. also mentioned in post #6. Best chip shop around and been there for many years.

I think you mean the shop that sold wet fish that was behind the station, Paul’s Plaice

Blimey yes you're right

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a pouncy cafe / restaurant as you so charmingly describe it anywhere once you get out of Kemp Town all the way along the coast to Seaford , however I did a few months back find myself in seaford for only the 2nd time in my life and stumbled across Oliver’s . To my surprise the food was actually quite good .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a pouncy cafe / restaurant as you so charmingly describe it anywhere once you get out of Kemp Town all the way along the coast to Seaford , however I did a few months back find myself in seaford for only the 2nd time in my life and stumbled across Oliver’s . To my surprise the food was actually quite good .

Went there for a mate’s ‘big’ birthday meal…….it was very good.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

And why was it a surprise that the food was actually quite good?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here