Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Just watched MOTD and correctly was the last game. Whilst we didn't deserve anything from the game I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the Adingra chance where loads of praise given for excellent defending.

That excellent defending was pulling/holding his shirt all the way in to the penalty area. Surely a clear and obvious error in not giving a penalty?

That said it seems short pulling is entirely tolerated by refs these days, despite it being clear cheating.
Shirt-pulling and wrestling was allowed by the fat **** Hooper all day long. JP and Welbeck were fouled every time the ball was played up to them. Hooper gave them 7 or 8 free kicks but should have given 17 or 18. It was a terrible refereeing performance. Adingra should have had a penalty.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
First look at the thread since getting back late last night. Haven't looked through so apologies if already mentioned but I thought Hooper was appalling yesterday. Burnley almost every time pulling Brighton players back by their shirts but no bookings or too late in the game. One player kicking the ball away early in the game, no booking and Burnley players not retreating 10 yards at every free kick and no action. We weren't great but we were not helped by a referee who sacrificed the laws of game to allow a game to 'flow'.
Yes, I'd forgotten the 10 yards thing. Every time, we waited and gestured - but Hooper did nothing, so eventually we'd give up and pass it backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here