Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It feels to me like De Zerbi treated it as a foregone conclusion we would lose and lose heavily so instead of tying to find a way to give us a chance of winning the game, he made the personnel choices he did. Steele in goal because if you're going to lose heavily, why not protect Bart's confidence? Give a start to Barco, bring on O'Mahony, Offiah. Try to give them all experience playing the his game in a tough environment, and get good experience against some of the current best players in the world.

It was a free hit and he chose the players accordingly.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
De Zerbi ball has been well and truly sussed and he just doesn't seem to have a plan B. We will be in a relegation struggle next season unless he works this out

I think with Mitoma, Gilmour, Solly, Hinselwood, Estupinian and the pocket rocket fit and on the pitch, plus an unbiased ref, we'd have had half a chance last night.

Yes teams can 'work out' RDZ ball, but if we're on our game we are virtually unplayable.

I can't see anyone coming in for any of our squad with massive offers this summer, add to it (replace Mac and Caicedo) and I think we'll be in the run for Europe again next season.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Ideology over pragmatism.
Trying to tip tap your way out of your own box against Man City is just silly.
Sometimes you need to be pragmatic.
Same as when we went to Roma. Trying to smash them in Rome? Be brave.. have courage... yeah.. but face reality. Coming home one-nil down and we would have been still in it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think with Mitoma, Gilmour, Solly, Hinselwood, Estupinian and the pocket rocket fit and on the pitch, plus an unbiased ref, we'd have had half a chance last night.

Yes teams can 'work out' RDZ ball, but if we're on our game we are virtually unplayable.

I can't see anyone coming in for any of our squad with massive offers this summer, add to it (replace Mac and Caicedo) and I think we'll be in the run for Europe again next season.
Replace Mac and Caciedo is what it boils down too. This has needed addressing ever since especially with the loss of Mwepo as well and dare I say a new CB also required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here