Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton Boys team?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The current Brighton Boys U13s are in the final of the national ESFA cup today. They’re up against Leeds and are playing at Stoke’s ground. They’ve already won their league cup this season.

Come on boys!

scooter1

How soon is now?
I had trials for Brighton Boys in 84, but we were mixed in with existing players who wouldn’t pass to the newbies. Needless to say we didn’t get a look in and only one of the group was selected, he happened to play in the same Sunday team as some of the existing boys.…
The trials were at Patcham Fawcett if I recall

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Another ex Brighton boy under the guidance of Tony Geerts, back in 1964/65 for me

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The current Brighton Boys U13s are in the final of the national ESFA cup today. They’re up against Leeds and are playing at Stoke’s ground. They’ve already won their league cup this season.

Come on boys!

11:30am kick off.

And if anyone wants to watch, it's going to be on streamed on YouTube via the ESFA's channel.

Coverage starts at 11:15am.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The selection process for BB used to start with: does he go to school in patcham?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I played for Worthing boys Brighton boys in around 72/73. We lost 3-1 and I played sort of right half. I was a centre forward though but they played me there. Never played again although I thought I did ok, What did they know.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's probably worth adding here that the Brighton U11 girls played their Final yesterday against Bootle.

Down 1-0 at HT after a brilliant solo goal from Bootle's captain, Albion got an equaliser.

And then it went to penalties...

Watch them from 7:29:22.

(Spoiler alert...it's worth watching! :))

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I thought I was really good at football until I played my first organised game of football. I was so bad I decided the only way to get into a team was to start my own team so I did and managed to reach the heady heights of 7th in Division 12 of the Sunday league, fk knows how bad Division 13 was I never lowered myself to play in that tinpot league.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Second half and Brighton Boys beating Leeds boys 4-1!

Brighton Boys 5-1 Leeds Boys

Former West Ham player Emmanuel Omoyinmi's son with the cheeky chip for the 5th.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Second half and Brighton Boys beating Leeds boys 4-1!
Timings of goals:

08:44 Brighton (1-0)
15:19 Leeds (1-1)
37:40 Brighton (2-1)
44:52 Brighton (3-1)
48:32 Brighton (4-1)
56:10 Brighton (5-1)
74:04 Brighton (6-1)

66:48 Leeds keeper sent off
Adjudged to have handled outside the box - very harsh on 2nd viewing as it looked like the ball clearly hit his leg.
Where's VAR when you need it?

But regardless, an emphatic win for the Brighton Boys to add to the Brighton Girls victory yesterday.

2 finals. 2 wins. The kids are alright.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Leeds Boys keeper just got a red card. Thought it was off his leg too from the replay.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I had trials for Brighton Boys in 84, but we were mixed in with existing players who wouldn’t pass to the newbies. Needless to say we didn’t get a look in and only one of the group was selected, he happened to play in the same Sunday team as some of the existing boys.…
The trials were at Patcham Fawcett if I recall
i had a trial at waterhall in 81 in the pissing rain , clattered a big bloke from Adur Athletic in a sliding tackle , got told to go and stand on the side line , in the pissing rain , yeah right ho .....that was it for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here