Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bridge car park - quick question

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I'm parked in the Bridge car park for the first time today. Booked it as I need to get back home sharpish for a family occasion. It's bigger than I thought, and am now concerned about getting away on time. To any Bridgeheads out there -- doi have to leave before the final whistle to be sure of getting away? If I leave on the whistle from East Upper, and walk with a determined gait, how long might I wait to get out? Thanks for any info.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm parked in the Bridge car park for the first time today. Booked it as I need to get back home sharpish for a family occasion. It's bigger than I thought, and am now concerned about getting away on time. To any Bridgeheads out there -- doi have to leave before the final whistle to be sure of getting away? If I leave on the whistle from East Upper, and walk with a determined gait, how long might I wait to get out? Thanks for any info.
Firstly park by the entrance as close as you can, and it will take imho 10 minutes to walk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Google reckons 13 minutes walk

Attachments

• IMG_0938.png
    IMG_0938.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 29

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No experience, but I have heard some horror stories about getting out. Hopefully we'll be a few goals up on ~80/85 mins...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Depends how close you are to the exit as they let a few cars through from each row, and a lot of our fans act like bells when coming out. Can be 30-45 mins. I'm at the Uni today as I am so fed up with getting out of there. Good luck.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Ok thanks. I couldn't park by the entrance/exit. I'm about 2/3 of the way up. Wasn't sure if I could override the stewards and just park where I wanted as there were spaces further down. I think I'll play it safe and leave a bit early. Let's hope we're 2 or 3 up on 85.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Def leave before final whistle if you want to get out quickly. My guesstimate would be final whistle at least 20 mins unless you`re Ussain Bolt, 5 mins before end 10 mins, 10 mins before end easy stroll and straight out.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Nightmare. Not the place for a quick getaway if you stay to the final whistle

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If you leave on the final whistle and run the whole way you should be fine, if you walk you'll be stuck for 30 - 45 mins or so. 2 mins makes a huge difference.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Used it once, never again

Really needs to be marshalled better by holding back foot traffic when the lights are green
I cycle that way during the week, they'd be better off letting a few cars go under the bridge before the green lights, so they are ready to go. A) The lights only tend to go green if traffic is there waiting, b) the green only lets a few cars through at the best of times. Cars rushing from before the bridge to get to through a green while avoid trailing pedetrians is an accident waiting for happen.

But I think that is all largely moot.

They tried it a couple of times in the season or two after we first moved to the amex. It did not work well because so many people just ignored the stewards and walk out right in front of the cars anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here