Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Boxing and the Mob BBC 1/2 9pm

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would use the word Pikeys. Anyone who objects with my terminology is just denying the truth.

:ffsparr:

stereotypes are not imaginary, they are just based on original experiences. There is good and bad in ALL groups of people, but if someone objects to being labelled in some way then they know that there is a truth in that label.

Deep stuff bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've never really liked boxing, how is fighting still concidered a sport? It's full of the most unsavoury characters in society.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutch–Kinahan_feud

Not going to enter into definitions of Pikey. These are Irish criminal gangs who without doubt have links back to the ‘travelling community’.

Personally I would NEVER do business with anything other than major hitters in Irish business, even then having weighed up the possible risks and benefits.

Hahaha..! That is hilarious; of course there are Irish criminal backed businesses but to no greater extent than there are in the UK. I bet the likes of Accenture, CRH, Johnson Controls, Kerry Group, etc. are trembling at having to face one of your risk assessments!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hugely impressed by Barry McGuigans bravery, will have to spend years looking over his shoulder and fearful for his family.

Obviously the Kinahans are willing to murder family members of their "enemies" .

I think the most worrying factor of this, is of the 12 members of the Hutch clan killed in this feud, the overwhelming majority of them are not active in the crime family.

Effectively Barry’s whole extended family come into any potential equation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61078905

They are all over boxing, partially UFC etc - quite a few people going to look very suspect by association

The UAE is starting to get a reputation for criminal activity so it’d be interesting to see what happens next

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But........

Me and you come from the same background, I will call it as I see it. The Irish travelling community have a reputation for being ********s, and in my view it is spot on. There may well be exceptions, but stereotypes are not imaginary, they are just based on original experiences. There is good and bad in ALL groups of people, but if someone objects to being labelled in some way then they know that there is a truth in that label.
Yes there's a lot of truth in stereotypes, but that doesn't make it ok to use racist terms to describe any group of people. The term will be offensive to the exceptions from the group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here