Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth V Forest

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m sure I won’t be alone in pointing out that Bournemouth isn’t in Hampshire.

Used to be, but it is a Unitary authority, and even if it wasn’t it is completely surrounded by….. Dorset.

I just like the thought of us all giving Portsmouth a wave as we travel to matches both ways.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But it is history - 1974 it happened. I was 21 and in my prime, and that is certainly history!

And just to add, as a current resident of Hampshire, why would we want Bournemouth - a nonentity on the coast between the much more interesting towns of Christchurch and Poole.

Exactly!

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Tonight with the slightly weird KO time of 19.00. A win for Forest takes them to 2nd but anything else leaves Bournmouth long odds on favourite for the 2nd promotion spot.

We are all Forest tonight aren't we? A decent city, a proper club with history in a stadium sandwiched between the oldest club and the cricket ground versus the Petro dollared, Ruski owned, Plucky Bournmeouth and their half a dozen fans in the noddiest stadium to grace the PL.

Come on you Reds.

Hahahahahahahahhahhhaaaaaa :cheers::kiss:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Some crap about CL clashing I think

I had no idea Southampton were playing at home in the CL.

Sensible decision by the police then :thumbsup:

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Poole is Dorset. Bournemouth and Christchurch Hampshire. You can change boundaries but you can’t change history!!
Apparently, in 1997, when the local authorities were changed (again) a question was asked in Parliament (HoL) along the lines of 'does this mean Bournemouth is again in Hampshire....'?
To which the Minister replied 'well, yes...I suppose it does'
Which may be why The Association of British Counties, lists Bournemouth, Christchurch et al, as being in Hampshire.
https://abcounties.com/articles/cle...es-and-local-government/?hilite='Bournemouth'

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Estimated net worth of £100m ... joint lowest in the Championship.

But yeah ... backed by Russian billions :facepalm:

Sigh. Do I have to spell everything out for you people. £100m is well over 8 billion rubles.

You may say I'm clutching at straws here.

Joking aside, other sources say £900m, so it's probably hard to know what Max is actually worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here