Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bose Sound dock or better?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Generally not, actually. Bose products review extremely poorly for their price point. There's zero actual content about sound quality there, just an assertion by a reviewer who has presumably bought in to 30 years of Bose hype - as well as the nice jolly Bose paid for (admitted at the end).

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Kitted the whole house out with sonos this year and it has transformed the consumption of music in our family. Adding new bits is dangerously addictive. Stereo Paired up two play 5s and the sound quality Is remarkably better compared to a single unit.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
5 years into Sonos and linked with Rhapsody (Napster) it is amazing. Got me back into music.
Ipad and Iphone apps are an absolute 'must' and are better than the Sonos remotes.
Would also like to know if anyone has managed to find a way to listen to the Albion BBC Sussex commentary.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How do you get music in another room - a Revo?

Correct, although in hindsight this does a completely different job, requires a tv to be useful.... I only really listen to music in 2 rooms though, so it does the job for me. Brilliant for sharing HD tv around the house though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Correct, although in hindsight this does a completely different job, requires a tv to be useful.... I only really listen to music in 2 rooms though, so it does the job for me. Brilliant for sharing HD tv around the house though.
Yes, looks good. I've been using Squeezeboxes for years over Cat 5, for music in all my rooms, and love it. Obviously you need an amp and speakers in each room, but that means you can get whatever quality you like. Not got anything like that for HD tv yet.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Can you dock a Ipod Nano on the Sonos? Or is it purely wireless?

I'm wanting to go down this route, time to ditch the CD player from my cave!!

Ipod Nano can be connected to a play 5 with a line in but you really need at least an ipod touch/ iphone or Android phone to use as the remote for a sonos setup.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Kitted the whole house out with sonos this year and it has transformed the consumption of music in our family. Adding new bits is dangerously addictive. Stereo Paired up two play 5s and the sound quality Is remarkably better compared to a single unit.

Interesting, I have a play 5 in the lounge and play 3s in the bedrooms and the sounds great but I have wondered about stereo play 5s in the lounge. Is it really that much better?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can you dock a Ipod Nano on the Sonos? Or is it purely wireless?

I'm wanting to go down this route, time to ditch the CD player from my cave!!

Via line in, yes.

The true joy, though, is to use an iPod Touch or a phone as a remote control for your Sonos devices, queuing up music from a music service, from your home computer/NAS or, if really required, from the iPod/phone itself.

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011
invebo.com
They do spares and uprades for the Bose sound dock. I used them last year as mine stopped working. I even upgraded so it now works wirelessly via bluetooth.
Cost me £59

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here