Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn, Leeds and Nottingham Forest handed transfer embargoes

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Banking aside, I wonder which other industries you can get rewarded so handsomely for racking up debts of 8 and 13 million respectively? Football is a strange game.

Depends what those debts were forecast to be. If they were forecast at say £15m and £20m, then I guess you'd be pretty please with the person that has saved you a tidy sum.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Had to be one of those 3 :lolol: Can be put towards the wages of a loan or free transfer though.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not really an "embargo" when there are still ways to recruit players (albeit with restrictions), and that's before considering the legal challenges. And the only reason why the clubs will have broken FFP is to assemble the squad they want. Will having restrictions - not an embargo - on January transfers really impact on those three clubs when their squads are (presumably) as they want them.

I'm still embarrassed that the club - having droned on and on about FFP then changed their minds at the last minute and agreed to the most recent changes. At least Barber should have had the balls to make a principled stand and not bottle it at the eleventh hour.

And speaking of Barber, in what other organisation would a CEO still have their job (let alone be paid bonuses as suggested earlier in this thread) when the organisation he runs:-

1) Is selling a totally crap product

2) Charges top dollar for that crap product

3) Treats its customers with total and utter contempt

4) Sees "customers" walking away - maybe never to come back (see 1) & 2) & 3) above)

4) Is presiding over massive losses that are just going to keep on growing

Nearly half a million a year for failing! I can fail just as easily at 10% of what Barber is being paid.

He just doesn't appear to understand the basic rules of any business:-

Rule 1: Keep the punter happy.

Rule 2: There are no other rules.

A happy punter is a paying punter and one that will keep on coming back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Yorkshire Post are reporting that despite a "transfer embargo" Leeds will be able to sign 4 players in January and a couple more if they can offload two high earners for decent transfer fees (we're allegedly interested in one of them , Rudy Austin)

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Yorkshire Post are reporting that despite a "transfer embargo" Leeds will be able to sign 4 players in January and a couple more if they can offload two high earners for decent transfer fees (we're allegedly interested in one of them , Rudy Austin)
Maybe our interest in Austin was Burke Era, and not Hughton Era.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or Joao Carlos Tex era?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
This FFP has more holes than Swiss cheese by the looks of it

Which begs the question that if our management team were really on the ball with regard to FFP and it's loop holes, why did we let it control the strengthening of our squad so badly?
Were other clubs managements just more clued up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here