Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bill Archer (not dead)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s not going anywhere so we have deal with what we have.

As a Brightonian whose family have used the RSCH all our lives, it’s fine.

That old chestnut of being boxed in by the sea and downs, as we saw with with the Amex, there were no swathes of available land here to build a new hospital and parking for 1,000’s of staff, patients and visitors.
Issue has been for years for mid-Sussex they even wanted to shut the A and E in Haywards Heath until we all complained. Royal Sussex is fine for those that live in Brighton it is not for those that have to travel to it for treatment. Horsham has a population of over 80000 yet the closest hospital with an A and E is 20 miles away, that is scandalous. They still have the cottage hospital that deals with minor injuries so long as they are between 9-5 during a week.

My point was they should have left RSCH as it was to serve Brighton and Hove but built a new super hospital at Pease Pottage to fully serve the whole of mid-Sussex. Easy access for those living in Brighton, Hove, Horsham, Crawley, Hayards Heath ,Burgess Hill and so on, with the best road links in the county. The land was even going to be given by the owner for them to do it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What happened made me as angry and upset as anyone else, but that was all a quarter of a century ago now.

In an obtuse kind of way maybe Archer's nefarious antics have worked in out favour long term. I mean would the Amex have ever been built if we had kept hold of the Golsdtone? would we be sitting pretty in sixth place in the P;remier League and playing in front of sell out crowds for every home game?

Obviously l don't know the answers to any of those questions. Prolongued anger has a habit of eating away at you and can rebound on you in the end. I will never forget, but l am prepared to forgive.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
What happened made me as angry and upset as anyone else, but that was all a quarter of a century ago now.

In an obtuse kind of way maybe Archer's nefarious antics have worked in out favour long term. I mean would the Amex have ever been built if we had kept hold of the Golsdtone? would we be sitting pretty in sixth place in the P;remier League and playing in front of sell out crowds for every home game?

Obviously l don't know the answers to any of those questions. Prolongued anger has a habit of eating away at you and can rebound on you in the end. I will never forget, but l am prepared to forgive.
Each to his own, live and let live, forgive and forget etc. That aside, you are on a wind up aren’t you?

PS Played against Cowfold in the 80’s when Gil Harding was player manager.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I'm happy you feel you can forgive. Many of us can't.

I'm sure no one is consumed by the hatred to the man many though remember the utter contempt he showed us. My complete hope he suffers a horrible demise is for those that stood up to him but never got to see the good times, such as Sarah Watts. Until the man is returned to the earth as compost I will never have it in me to forgive the wanker.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
I'm happy you feel you can forgive. Many of us can't.

I'm sure no one is consumed by the hatred to the man many though remember the utter contempt he showed us. My complete hope he suffers a horrible demise is for those that stood up to him but never got to see the good times, such as Sarah Watts. Until the man is returned to the earth as compost I will never have it in me to forgive the wanker.

I get what he did was obviously awful for the club, but If you think Archer deserves endless abuse from us even after death, then you’d have to maintain that stance on all the other scumbags of equal or worse traits than Archer too ie Micha Richards, Gary Barlow, James Corden, Jimmy Bullard etc

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I get what he did was obviously awful for the club, but If you think Archer deserves endless abuse from us even after death, then you’d have to maintain that stance on all the other scumbags of equal or worse traits than Archer too ie Micha Richards, Gary Barlow, James Corden, Jimmy Bullard etc
Eh?

This was a person hell bent on destroying our club you obviously don't feel as many others do, that's fine but please don't tell me/us who we have to hate. Not sure any of the others have done anything that affects my life, this utter wanker did.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Each to his own, live and let live, forgive and forget etc. That aside, you are on a wind up aren’t you?

PS Played against Cowfold in the 80’s when Gil Harding was player manager.
On a wind up? me? no not at all. As l said, although l'm prepared to forgive him for his abhorent actions, l will never forget them.

Your appearance on our hallowed playing field was probably a tad too early for me to wtness alas, as l didn't move to the village until 1989.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Eh?

This was a person hell bent on destroying our club you obviously don't feel as many others do, that's fine but please don't tell me/us who we have to hate. Not sure any of the others have done anything that affects my life, this utter wanker did.

What?!?!?

Micha Richards has taken away any long shot possibility we had in enjoying SkySports football punditry, Jimmy Bullard has made us lose all hope in human evolution, Gary Barlow stole a lot of our childhood crushes using no means of talent, and James Corden’s just a bellend.

But yet, I have to accept and be philosophical, it could be worse. It could be Michael Barrymore presenting something.

Always look on the bright side.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Archer furtively appropriated the club (community’s) net worth, it wasn’t his to take, then left us to die.

That wasn’t capitalism, he was and is a devious, greedy cnt.

People don’t lie awake thinking about him. Thanks to a long list of saviours we survived by our fingertips and many years later prospered due to the generosity of some great men.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As other’s have said, I hadn’t thought of Archer and his cretinous thieving cabal for a while until I saw this thread. I am not sat in my filthy little bedsit grumbling about my enemies, surrounded by weed and pizza boxes.

@Cowfold Seagull you can be as patronising as you like, it’s no skin off my nose or will it change my feelings on the subject.

Maybe taking a dump would be more apt for the man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here