Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Big Beach Boutique ll Was Twenty Years Ago Today

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I lost my friends fairly early on and have not idea what happened between the hours of midnight and 6am. Good times :)

scooter1

How soon is now?
That was a great night. I remember agreeing to meet some friends on the beach, and when we arrived it was chaos. Tried phoning and phoning and phoning. When we eventually got some signal space we had to stay on the line until we finally met up for fear of losing the connection. And then trying to get a cab home at around 7am....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't get any real sense of the scale of the thing from being on the beach itself. Just seemed like a beautiful evening. I remember being mesmerised by the snow. Guess it was real eye of the hurricane stuff. It was only later when there was just wave upon wave upon wave of people washing up into the town that it sort of hit you

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I lost my friends fairly early on and have not idea what happened between the hours of midnight and 6am. Good times :)

F9279044-105F-42AD-9399-62E9FA2ED1A0.jpeg
Somewhere on a beach in Brighton. :)
:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn't get any real sense of the scale of the thing from being on the beach itself. Just seemed like a beautiful evening. I remember being mesmerised by the snow. Guess it was real eye of the hurricane stuff. It was only later when there was just wave upon wave upon wave of people washing up into the town that it sort of hit you

Same here. I got there quite early and was near the front. I only realized something was up after the gig and as the night wore on; Brighton was carnage. There were thousands of people everywhere, cars parked/abandoned in weird places and when I rang the National Rail Enquiries number at about 6am the lad asked what was happening in Brighton as 90% of the calls were from there.

A fun time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ahh, the river of piss behind the Odeon. Marvellous.
Was a fun night though. We didn’t get anywhere near the front but an okay spot up on the drive. All attempted follow-ups have been a pale shadow of that night. You can’t go to the same party twice.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I didn't really participate in BBII. I watched some from the Pier and was wowed by the crowd, went down to the beach for a bit, but to be honest it wasn't really my sort of music then.

That said the atmosphere around town all day was absolutely brilliant. The buzz from early morning was palpable, by midday there was barely any alcohol left in any shop. even in Seven dials, the offies, supermarkets and corner shops had been cleaned out.

Whilst the music wasn't really my thing I loved the energy of the day and considering the numbers of people in attendance it seemed to me to be incredibly good natured. A really fantastic day not only for Norman but the city as a whole. A never to be repeated occasion. I hope people enjoy the upcoming one too, even if it won't be the same.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I lived in Regency Square at the time and my girlfriend was working until 6.00pm so we couldn't go down that early, we went down about 6.30 and could see people on the beach as far as the eye could see!
there was temporary fencing by the old west pier and as we walked by a group of people moved one of the fence panels to create a gap, one policeman came over to try and stop people but we managed to take advantage
of the opening and walked through.
The only problem was we were now behind the stage and the tide was up past the groynes so we had to take our shoes and socks off, wade out a bit and come back stage side.
we ended up about 50ft from the stage and had a great night!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was awesome. I was 19 and was about my third night out in Brighton instead of sleepy villages or London at Uni. Been a fair few since but always going to be a special memory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here