Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best moment of the season?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This all day long, Pedro celebrating right in front of me and my daughter, tears of joy topping the group.
Even the Marseille fans stopped singing and commented on the eruption of euphoria around the ground.
I will never forget that goal or night.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This all day long, Pedro celebrating right in front of me and my daughter, tears of joy topping the group.
Even the Marseille fans stopped singing and commented on the eruption of euphoria around the ground.
I will never forget that goal or night.

I mean its this isn't goosebumps just watching it back.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pascal Gros's goal at Old Trafford in September for me. Early enough in the season to give a glimpse of what we might achieve, 30 passes, United rendered clueless, their fans stunned, and one of those multi generational stranger hugging crowd surging moments that just felt special.
Yes, I was going to say that. I wasn't there but on some of the highlights (not MoTD) you could see it was a thing of beauty. All that passing (I think 10 or maybe all 11 touched the ball) with the United players reduced to the status of traffic cones in a training exercise. Then when we got bored with passing it about Pascal stuck it in the net so United could at least get kick.

Also in retrospect a depressing moment when you see how far we've fallen from those heights :(

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lots already mentioned on here. Getting a Eurostar to Amsterdam that was full of Albion, literally going to get a beer in the buffet and bumping into old timers like @Soul Finger and @Train Spotter . Then loads of beers in the town and meeting friends old and new, son getting his first experience of a group being asked to leave an Irish pub :lolol:. Great comedy show by the Roar boys, drowned in Dam Square, 2-0 win, beer luzzing and old skool Withdean songs on the train back to Centraal. Marvellous.

And, at home, Palace and Marseille. Just brilliant.

But I'm going to also put my hand up for a couple of domestic away events. Firstly Wolves, being directly in line, with the perfect view of Mitoma's wonder goal and then cooking their red-faced box dwellers. Secondly, the last 10 minutes and immediate celebrations at Forest. No, I'm not changing the avatar. At least not yet.

Yes, I do know this is four or five moments :lolol:

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Marseille at home; Palace at home; Man Utd away, in that order.

Didn't attend Marseille away, Forest away, or Tottenham at home but expect those games would have been up there had I gone.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Lots already mentioned on here. Getting a Eurostar to Amsterdam that was full of Albion, literally going to get a beer in the buffet and bumping into old timers like @Soul Finger and @Train Spotter . Then loads of beers in the town and meeting friends old and new, son getting his first experience of a group being asked to leave an Irish pub :lolol:. Great comedy show by the Roar boys, drowned in Dam Square, 2-0 win, beer luzzing and old skool Withdean songs on the train back to Centraal. Marvellous.

And, at home, Palace and Marseille. Just brilliant.

But I'm going to also put my hand up for a couple of domestic away events. Firstly Wolves, being directly in line, with the perfect view of Mitoma's wonder goal and then cooking their red-faced box dwellers. Secondly, the last 10 minutes and immediate celebrations at Forest. No, I'm not changing the avatar. At least not yet.

Yes, I do know this is four or five moments :lolol:
Which bit of "moment" (singular) don't you get GB? :)

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Pascal Gros's goal at Old Trafford in September for me. Early enough in the season to give a glimpse of what we might achieve, 30 passes, United rendered clueless, their fans stunned, and one of those multi generational stranger hugging crowd surging moments that just felt special.
Seconded - plus chanting’We want our ball back’ when Utd had a little bit of possession.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can’t believe this is even under discussion.

There is one moment that sticks out above all others for me.

IMG_2949.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The delicious lamb rump in The Goldstone Cafe last week or the Marseilles home game

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Not being a boozer whatsoever around Albion games/trips, the football and atmosphere itself is everything for me.

Imagine being so much better against a hated rival, with early goals, so that could absorb every wonderful moment in real time. Enhanced by a legion of 28,000 fellow supporters making a hell of a racket in celebrating and mocking the hapless opponents. Topped by their fans ‘trying’ to attack their players.

This really did happen.

Hell of a game!

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Ajax away. Fati & Adingra. That was my , this is going to be a great season moment.
Sheffield Utd at home 3 days later.
All in all, more highs than lows this season for me.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
As a 'moment' it's Pedro's winner v Marseille at home. If it's more like 'over time' I would say Jack Hinshelwood progress, getting better and better for each game. For me that was the surprise of the year, didn't think that he was THAT good! Hope he recover during the summer.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Pedro v Marseille aside, the final whistle at Forest and RDZ sprinting over to the fans after our hard-fought win was mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here