Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Benteke has scored!!!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In the past 5 seasons Benteke and Murray have both scored 29 Premier League goals. Glenn Murray spent one of those seasons playing in the Championship (and a season under Smug Eddie).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The Beast has awaken from his slumber! There'll be no stopping him now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's Zaha but has there ever been a more petulant ******** ever to play professional football? Everytime, he's touched the histrionics, never mind the dive are just pathetic... No wonder the big teams show no interest in him.

I don’t think that that would put the big teams off of him. I’m sure Palace and/or Zaha’s agent get enquires every summer.

Unrealistic as it is, I wonder how many BHA fans could honestly say they wouldn’t fancy seeing him in the blue and white stripes?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don’t think that that would put the big teams off of him. I’m sure Palace and/or Zaha’s agent get enquires every summer.

Unrealistic as it is, I wonder how many BHA fans could honestly say they wouldn’t fancy seeing him in the blue and white stripes?
I would definitely like to see a player of his ability play for us.

But Zaha?

Nah. He's a wanker

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I can honestly say I would stop going if we signed him. I accept he's a decent player although I disagree that he's top class. If he was someone would've taken him by now. He is clearly a very good player though and would walk into our side, but he's a serial cheat, with delusions of grandeur. His playacting and the way he treats his own players let alone opponents is a disgrace and I cannot understand why he is lauded for cheating as he is so often by the media. I would hate one of our players to behave in the same way.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
1-1 in the game against Everton, his first goal since April 2016.

So the first time he's scored in the Premier League when we've also been in it?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
First since 2016? Perhaps said in jest by the OP but I'm wondering if others know that it's not true ??? He got 1 last year, 3 the previous season, and 15 in 16/17. April 2016 he was still at Liverpool. He got 9 PL a season in both his campaigns there.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

Burn him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
First since 2016? Perhaps said in jest by the OP but I'm wondering if others know that it's not true ??? He got 1 last year, 3 the previous season, and 15 in 16/17. April 2016 he was still at Liverpool. He got 9 PL a season in both his campaigns there.

All true... But he has been woeful for Palace as bad as it is possible to be (goals wise).
Whereas Sir Glenn has gone from strength to strength, since Benteke replaces him at Palace.

Technically Benteke is probably a better striker than Glenn, but mentally Glenn is streets ahead.
Setbacks spur him on.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
All true... But he has been woeful for Palace as bad as it is possible to be (goals wise).
Whereas Sir Glenn has gone from strength to strength, since Benteke replaces him at Palace.

Technically Benteke is probably a better striker than Glenn, but mentally Glenn is streets ahead.
Setbacks spur him on.

As a finisher, Glenn is streets ahead.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As a finisher, Glenn is streets ahead.

Agreed, but that is because of his mental strength
IMO.
You look at some of the opportunities Benteke has squandered over the past 3 seasons..
If Glenn had had the service he's had he would have scored plenty more than he has with us.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Absolutely not. Could never cheer a dickhead like that. Rather play Championship football that ever see him in stripes.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Benteke should Jordan 'T-Rex' Pickford a beer for that. The shot had as much venom as a backpass.

How bad are English 'keepers that Pickford has so many caps. He's a flid.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Christian Benteke has been using his time away from the game to practice in his garden and he's finding the net with every shot.
Turns out he's just as bad at tennis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here