Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BBC Sport - Up for debate

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62635580

Quite a decent new feature on the BBC sports pages.

It gives you a chance to vote on what you think the most likely outcome on a number of scenarios. One of those is who will finish higher out of Brighton and Leeds.

Why not take a look?

:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll keep my powder dry until this weekends game is over. We have both surprised me so far but Leeds more so. I think we’ll whup their arses…but let’s see

Surely a rookie PL Soccerball Yank can’t put one over on the magician

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
That Leeds paragraph is so unbelievably arrogant it is infuriating. I hope we stuff 'em on Saturday.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
When a female Leeds fan says:

"I think we will beat Brighton this weekend and, ultimately, end the season a few places above them."
and
"Brighton have lost a couple of their top-quality players in the transfer window. We did too, but we have now enhanced our ranks with the likes of Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams, Marc Roca and Rasmus Kristensen. I'd take our squad over Brighton's all day long. We are younger, hungrier and much more exciting - and that will be the reason why we finish higher."

Just a great big fat "MEH!" for me ....

Would maybe have more respect if she'd said: "we play dirty and will kick the ball-passing poofs off the park!"

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

"I think we will beat Brighton this weekend and, ultimately, end the season a few places above them."
and
"Brighton have lost a couple of their top-quality players in the transfer window. We did too, but we have now enhanced our ranks with the likes of Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams, Marc Roca and Rasmus Kristensen. I'd take our squad over Brighton's all day long. We are younger, hungrier and much more exciting - and that will be the reason why we finish higher."

Just a great big fat "MEH!" for me ....

Would maybe have more respect if she'd said: "we play dirty and will kick the ball-passing poofs off the park!"

Not everyone agrees with her…..

2e52fe355bf322f6a37407a52d0f0be0.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I add Welbeck to the last sentence?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

"I think we will beat Brighton this weekend and, ultimately, end the season a few places above them………I'd take our squad over Brighton's all day long. We are younger, hungrier and much more exciting - and that will be the reason why we finish higher."

Younger squad eh?

In comparison, our weekend match day squad against West Ham was around 2 1/2 years older per player, on average, than theirs. We have the luxury of getting clubs like Leeds to develop our youngsters rather than blooding them before they have matured.

But sometimes, it’s not all about being a youngster.

Their young defence has conceded 4 goals so far this season. Ours, just a single dodgy hand balled scuffle of a goal.

Let’s see what happens when their young attackers come up against Veltman (30), Dunk (30) and Webster (27).

Let’s see the Leeds fans reaction when old clever pro’s Groß (31) and Lallana (34) completely control the tempo and direction of the game.

Let’s see the panic in the eyes of their big Koch when he is outgunned by the might Welbeck (31).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whatever happens this weekend, that is outstanding over confidence based on one good performance so far this season which was greatly assisted by Mendy’s **** up.

They were second best against Wolves and were very lucky to scrape that win and they only drew against a poor Southampton after being 2 goals up.

Their fans are more reactionary than Arsenal’s which really says something.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Leeds are amongst the most deluded if not the most deluded fans in the world.

Only Leeds can spend 16 (SIXTEEN….as the vidiprinter would say) years bouncing around in the lower leagues and still believe they deserve to be in the PL.

That is until MASSIVE Wednesday return, though you’d probably get shorter odds on Jesus currently.

But when they do, The El Chipo derby will break global audience figures surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here