Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Barclays in Hove closing, replacing it with Banking Van parked in graveyard

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I have £50 notes but even the new ones are next to useless as shops and business wont accept them i end up having to pay them in to banks and exhanging them for twenties and tens. Its riddiculous.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
At least there is still banks in the area - back home all 4 banks/building society have gone - get the van arriving from RBS or BoS once a week. Nearest branch is 10miles away. i can never see the need to go into a branch ever again, last time I went in (HSBC) was for some Euros and they don’t stock them anymore

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
At least there is still banks in the area - back home all 4 banks/building society have gone - get the van arriving from RBS or BoS once a week. Nearest branch is 10miles away. i can never see the need to go into a branch ever again, last time I went in (HSBC) was for some Euros and they don’t stock them anymore

No need this day and age to use 'hard foreign currency', just get a Revolut card (other banks are available) and use. Load with sterling and convert and hold up to 30+ currencies, withdraw cash (if needed) from ATM's around the world.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No need this day and age to use 'hard foreign currency', just get a Revolut card (other banks are available) and use. Load with sterling and convert and hold up to 30+ currencies, withdraw cash (if needed) from ATM's around the world.
This - I use a Wise card and app…….can hold funds in any currency, good exchange rates to switch and very low charges and any card transactions are instantly notified via the app (sometimes so quick it pings before the card reader says authorised).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here